Exception Access Violation

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
inferato

Exception Access Violation

Post by inferato »

Hi,

I've just downloaded a trial version of your Enigma 32-bit and 64 bit version and tried them with my product.
My product crashes immediately after applying the Enigma protection mechanisms on my DLL file. The DLL file is C-compiled and dynamically linked into a JVM process i.e. I'm trying to load and access a the protected DLL from a Java class via JNI.

I get the following errors:

On x86:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\misc\test\jnitest.dll: Invalid access to memory location
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
at TestJNI.main(TestJNI.java:20)

On x64:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000018009e330, pid=7752, tid=8008
#
# JRE version: 6.0_21-b06
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (17.0-b16 mixed mode windows-amd64 )
# Problematic frame:
#
[error occurred during error reporting (printing problematic frame), id 0xc0000005]

# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\misc\test\hs_err_pid7752.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

[error occurred during error reporting , id 0xc0000005]

Have you tested the Enigma product with DLLs that are linked to a Java Virtual Machine?
Is there any way to find out the reason to the problem i.e. are there any diagnostic/debugging facilities available in Enigma?

Hope to get help from you soon.

Thanks,
Inferato
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Exception Access Violation

Post by Enigma »

Hi Inferato,

There was an issue protecting particular DLL files with x64 version of Enigma, but usual x86 were successfully tested on many different dll and exe files. I can provide you latest demo version of x64 where these bugs are solved.

By the log that you've provided I can't figure out where is an error, could you please send me your project file and unprotected dll for my test at support@enigmaprotector.com? This will help to find and solve problem quickly.

Also, regarding x86/x64 and dll, there might me some limitations. For example, if your dll is being called/freed multiple times inside a process, then Virtual Box feature applied to such dll will cause access violations after first attempt to unload this dll.
inferato

Post by inferato »

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
My test DLL is the smallest possible one, only 38 kb in size. I do only load it once in my test program. That's actually the only thing that my test program does.
I've created a minimalistic test project which contains everything you need to trigger and analyze this problem, and sent it you as you suggested.

Hope to hear from you soon again.

Thanks,
Inferato
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Inferato,

Thanks for the files, I got it and did some research.

Regarding x32 files - I did not face any problem. File protected with even demo version works well and the result "Test Succeeded." appears.

Regarding x64 - looks like there are many bugs in the Enigma Protector x64 DEMO that is located on the site in x64 DLL protection (it works well with x64 exe files, problem appears only with DLL files). But all these problems are solved in the most latest version. I will send it to you within minutes. Please try this version, it will be working!