Bizarre bugs to make one insane

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
daprof

Bizarre bugs to make one insane

Post by daprof »

When I first used Enigma protector, I just needed something simple for trial. I have not used any hardcore settings besides hardware locked keys and maximum amount of programs usage with date limitation set. All worked fine in the early build I first purchased but now experiencing frustrating problems.

In testing on other PC's, limitation of usage does not seem to work anymore, even after debug. The testing PC just keeps giving me error that trial is still finished even if I create new project, debug.

Here is the kicker, if I use the trial menu on start-up, some of my software buttons commands will actually change in software program!! For example, when I click on a next button for new screen in my software, I will instead get an unrelated video screen which is a different button command. This only happens if I use the registration dialog on program startup. If I recompile without the opening registration dialog, software works as expected.

Is there any way I can downgrade to an earlier version of Enigma?

Thanks,
Bryan
scorillo7

Re: Bizarre bugs to make one insane

Post by scorillo7 »

yes you can downgrade from control panel of you're enigma customer.There are versions from 3.30 to 3.50
I think this is not related to Enigma man i think is a logic problem inside you're code.
Take code and revise that it is posible to misslead somewhere the functionality.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Bryan,

please do not be frustrated, many customers use Enigma Protector and all it's numerous features, and all the problems people have are really little misunderstanding. Let's discuss.
daprof wrote:In testing on other PC's, limitation of usage does not seem to work anymore, even after debug. The testing PC just keeps giving me error that trial is still finished even if I create new project, debug.
You say that you try to reset trial on some another PC, but do you load same project file in Enigma Protector? I mean that you can reset trial only if you are opened same project file in Enigma that you used for protection.

For example, if you created a project, protected it. Then you changed Product Name there (or even Version Number if you use Trial Control - Common - Reset Trial in New Version), with this new data you will not be able to reset trial for existing protected file. Product Name and Version are used for trial, and if you change it, protected file will use one place for storing trial, but Enigma will try to reset it in another one.

Anyway, when you create new project, set a unique name for it, trial should start again.

Also, make sure you do not have compromised options in Enigma. For example, if Trial Executions number is set to zero, or so.

One idea also that may confuse. Imagine if you run Enigma Protector under Administrator account, but you run protected program under User account. Such case protected program count one trial, but Enigma tries to reset another. Be careful there.
daprof wrote:Here is the kicker, if I use the trial menu on start-up, some of my software buttons commands will actually change in software program!! For example, when I click on a next button for new screen in my software, I will instead get an unrelated video screen which is a different button command. This only happens if I use the registration dialog on program startup. If I recompile without the opening registration dialog, software works as expected.
This is too strange, and Enigma absolutely does not affect on such functionality. If you can send me non protected and .enigma project file at support@enigmaprotector.com it would be very appreciate. I can help you to fix problems.

Also, as far as I know, you do not use the latest version of Enigma Protector. There had been made many improvements in the latest version, so probably you need to use it. Please log in to control panel and download the latest 3.50 version there.
daprof

Post by daprof »

Thank you for the very helpful information regarding trial reset. I have been updating to the latest Enigma version every release notification. Actually, I noticed this problem some time last summer. Have been using a working app copy from earlier Enigma version but now there are source code changes to app.

Unfortunately, I cannot send you a copy to evaluate this bizarre circumstance of app code alterations in our program. All I know is that after two days looking through app source code for bugs, only to discover that the Enigma trial screen is somehow messing with the app code.

For now, I will be only using trial notification that is only displayed after completion of trial. App works fine using that method.

I may have to downgrade to 2.50 version somehow if possible.

Thanks,
Bryan
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Bryan, I have sent you a link to 2.50 in PM.

Anyway, if you could create some test application, please send it to us, and we will test it out carefully.