MixBanana

Alot of viruses after i protected my file

Post by MixBanana »

DELETED
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Alot of viruses after i protected my file

Post by Enigma »

It is not allowed to post slang messages there.

In your case, you provoke yourself such behavior of antiviruses, because you are using services like virustotal to check. Even clean file after such "checks" will be known as a virus.

Moreover, you have been noted about the ways to fix it and we offered you a ways to fix it or yourself or with our help.

Since you did not provide us protected file, we can't help to fix this false detection.

In any case, I would like to back you your order and block a license.
MixBanana

Post by MixBanana »

Before i didn't got all this viruses.
Only on the new version you released in the panel (3.80).
And it's 50% viruses after i protected my file by enigma protector.
So i don't know what to do with all this viruses.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This happened because it is cascading false detection that happens due to abuse of using of services like virustotal. As more times you check the file there, then more false detection you get. If you do not check - then no false detection is there.
Cascading false detection happens if one antivirus detect a malware (falsely) and another's, based on this detection, start to detect something too.
Even clean file can be detected such way.
By default, all the files you check on virustotal are being sent to antiviruses and they become to detect the file that you are checking there as suspicious. This is because multiple check on such site is harmful for you.

If you would like to fix the problem, as I promised, we can help. Send me in PM the link to the latest version of your protected file.
MixBanana

Post by MixBanana »

If you have Skype it will be more convenient for me ...
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Sent in PM.
shamballa

Post by shamballa »

This makes things quite difficult as one the one hand to check on VirusTotal so software is clean before release but on the other it can increase detections and then have to fight to have them removed! It's like a non win situation and I really hope that the proposed system called - Taggant will appear but I have heard no news on this since last year.

If not check on VirusTotal before release then how to know if clean before release?

I have been thinking (but not tried, yet) to get a digital signature and sign my program, would this help against False Positives?

-Chris
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Chris, yes, digital signing should help. But I noticed that even signed files, after multiple check, may become detectable too.
So again, do not abuse the services like virustotal.

You may check a file there, but please do this once, do not try to play with the settings to make file clean. Usually, playing with the settings causing such problems.

And as always, you may send us protected file and we will submit it to antiviruses ourselves.

Regarding taggant - it is very close, much work already done, there is only one step to go alive. Unfortunately, we can't speed up this processes, and we have to live with what we have now.
shamballa

Post by shamballa »

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you very much for reply.

ok so I understand about VirusTotal and on final release should check just once and then begin process of sending emails to av companies.

I can live with what we have now but taggant should make things much easier.

Thanks again
-Chris
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Not just easier Chris, I'm believing that we forget about false detections. Many antivirus vendors are joined there.

We are really very close (I'm seeing discussion/progress in this), and all customers will be notified when it finally will be added to Enigma Protector.