Crash when use a Common Dialog

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
gibra

Crash when use a Common Dialog

Post by gibra »

I have created a test VB6 project that uses the Common Dialog via API (ie without using the COMDLG32.OCX control) and the ìnormal 'executable works fine.
When I run the boxed version the program starts but when I open any Open / Save dialog box after a few seconds it crashes, everything disappears without any error message.
I enclose the two executables.
How can I solve?

Thank you.

P.S. I also tried to include the COMDLG32.OCX control and its dependencies, but the result is the same.

Windows 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Crash when use a Common Dialog

Post by Enigma »

Hi, unfortunately, can't confirm that there is any issue. Your file is working well on our system.

Please let us know:
1. What version of EVB do you use? This is very important, because in recent release we have fixed similar problem
2. What version of Windows do you use?

Please also try this version: https://enigmaprotector.com/assets/file ... 210329.exe
gibra

Post by gibra »

Enigma wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 am Please let us know:
1. What version of EVB do you use? This is very important, because in recent release we have fixed similar problem
I use:
enigmavb_9.70_20210329
Enigma wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 am 2. What version of Windows do you use?
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Version 21H1
Build 19043.1052

Thank.
Maguilla

Post by Maguilla »

I had the same issue using comdlg32.ocx in VB6. I tested in windows 10 and windows 8 with the same results. It runs fine in a Windows XP virtual machine. I couldn't find a reason for the crash. Tested all kind of configurations and it was just the same.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Maguilla wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:59 am I had the same issue using comdlg32.ocx in VB6. I tested in windows 10 and windows 8 with the same results. It runs fine in a Windows XP virtual machine. I couldn't find a reason for the crash. Tested all kind of configurations and it was just the same.
Hi, please send us a sample at support@enigmaprotector.com, we will check it out.