Digital Signature

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
softtouch

Digital Signature

Post by softtouch »

How can I digitally sign a protected exe, without causing the protexted exe to "think" it was modified?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Digital Signature

Post by Enigma »

Yes, sure, you can digitally sign it, moreover, it is very recommended.

You have only turn off the option Check-up - Control Sum.
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

So, you are 100% sure I can sign the protected (and boxed) application without any issue?
I dont want to purchase it just to figure out that I cannot sign it.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

You have a DEMO version of Enigma Protector, it does not differ from the full version and you can test it.

In your case, there is problem with the signing tool, but not with Enigma Protector.
If signing tool does not work, then contact to it's developers and ask to fix the problem.

Otherwise I can't help.
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

No, there's definitely no problem with the signing tool. I sign my software since the last 3 years, on a daily basis.
But I will try again and will play with settings and let you know my result.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I could not agree with you.

There is problem with signing tool.

Just imagine, after packing/protecting, the file is working well, i.e. Windows accepts this file well, and Windows agrees that the file is correct.

But signing tool crashes, so signing tool can't determine that the file is correct. So problem is that signing tool is made so, that it can't handle all the files it signs.
I agree that some analyzing tools can't open files packed with Enigma Virtual Box or protected with Enigma Protector. I saw many such tools. But the problem is with the method that these tools use to analyze the file. The method is not correct, and it cause crash or just incorrect working.

Protected/packed files contain well PE file structure, which is made according to Microsoft's documentation. No ways it will be remade.
Vi_Sparks

Post by Vi_Sparks »

So problem is that signing tool is made so, that it can't handle all the files it signs.
I agree that some analyzing tools can't open files packed with Enigma Virtual Box or protected with Enigma Protector. I saw many such tools. But the problem is with the method that these tools use to analyze the file.
Enigma, so does there are the list of the known signing tools that can open files packed with Enigma Virtual box or protected with Enigma Protector?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Vi_Sparks wrote: Enigma, so does there are the list of the known signing tools that can open files packed with Enigma Virtual box or protected with Enigma Protector?
Hi, this was a single unsuccessfull requests about signing within years, other customers do not have any issues.
I believe this particular case is an exception, or attemp to use signtool of specific vendor that may have some limitations.
So there is no any known issues with signtools except this one.