Not work with virtual BOX but works with Protector

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
clapit

Not work with virtual BOX but works with Protector

Post by clapit »

HelLo

My program works with enigma protector if I deselect "extract automatically from file resources".
With Virtual Box this option is not accessible. After creating my exe, my program starts in the task manager but disappears a few seconds later.

It is normal ?
I need really use Enigma protector, which offers functionality that I do not use apart this little check box about extracting resources ?...

Thanks for your very well program

Clabit
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Not work with virtual BOX but works with Protector

Post by Enigma »

Hi Clabit,

EVB does not have this option, so I'm curious why it works with protector and does not work with EVB.

Are you sure that some other programs, like antivirus, do not block execution of the packed file? Can you try to disable antivirus temporary to check my thoughts?
clapit

Post by clapit »

Hi Enigma

Yes I try with fresh system win 7 and win 10 (64bits) and I have always the same issues without antivirus.
It is not a problem of virtual box, I think is my program that need this feature.
I want us virtual box for compact a standalone runtime of Max 7 (cycling74) with all files I need to use.
After many test I found that the unique solution is to switch on Protector and deselect: "extract automatically..."
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

If you can send us this application, non packed, with all necessary files from virtual box and .EVB project file, we will check what is wrong there.
Looks strange that protector supports it but EVB does not...
clapit

Post by clapit »

sorry for my silence... I will send to support@eni... a complete project exemple. Thanks