Problem adding / testing protection

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
chris_s

Problem adding / testing protection

Post by chris_s »

I am ready to protect a program that I want to release as a public beta. I wanted to be sure that protection was being applied correctly so I tried a test (which didn't work) and then I tried some more (which are also not working).
  • I initially used the 'Limitation by expiration date' and made the expiration the following day. When I tried it the following day and the day after, the program executed as normal every time (IE the expiration didn't work).
  • I then tried 'limitation by execution count' and that didn't work either. I tried replacing the original executable and I tried creating a new one (with a different name). Neither version stopped the execution after the execution count was exceeded.
  • After a number of attempts, the result went to the other extreme. Now, even if I save the output to a different name (with some sort of trial parameter) it does not execute my program but immediately goes to the Registration Dialog.
  • I also tried using a different project name but it still immediately displays the Registration Dialog.
The other parameters that are set are very simple. I didn't turn on hardware lock or anything like that.

Perhaps this is related to doing everything on a single machine. If that is the case, what is the appropriate strategy for testing the various Enigma parameters and, if necessary, resetting things before doing each test?
chris_s

Re: Problem adding / testing protection

Post by chris_s »

I did some additional testing with another module and when I changed the version number (with 'Reset trial in new version' turned on) I was able to run the module again to the limit of the trial parameter. I tried the same thing with the one that is giving me problems and it does not start the trial again.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Chris,

This "problem" happens because your module is registered. Trial stops counting when there is a valid license in the system. If there is valid key, all trial limitations are gone.

So you need to open your project in Enigma Protector and click main menu - Tools - Debug - Reset all local info. This removes the key and trial info from your testing PC.

Also, you can control the licensing status (to avoid such confusions) by calling EP_RegLoadAndCheckKey function.
chris_s

Post by chris_s »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
chris_s

Post by chris_s »

It seems that the original project was screwed up and it didn't work even after a reset. I created a new project and that worked OK.