How to register dll's

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
fanki

How to register dll's

Post by fanki »

Hi

I packed my small application written with C++Builder with the public domain Graphviz application dot.exe and some dll's which are needed by dot.exe. My application NetView.exe calls dot.exe to generate a plot of the graph which is defined in a file *.dot.

Are the dll's from the Graphviz application automatically registered? I don't see an option to do that in the GUI of Enigma Virtual Box.

The other question is if my application finds dot.exe when it's called by cmd /c ...Does it search automatically in the %DEFAULT FOLDER% ? Knows cmd.exe this folder?

Thanks and best regards
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: How to register dll's

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

In your case, dot.exe may be aware of virtual file that you added into NetView.exe only if the option "Share virtual content to child processes" is enabled. It is really enabled by default. So yes, all child processes, including cmd.exe might know about virtual files.

I just do not understand what do you mean the dll are registered? Are you using ActiveX components? Usual dll files do not require any registration.

Do you have any problems with this? You may send us a sample for testing if something does not work for you.
fanki

Post by fanki »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer! I think it's not a problem of enigma but that some dll's are missing. It doesn't work if I copy the NetView.exe and the Graphviz files in a directory and try to run dot.exe from the console. I get a message: 'the system cannot execute the specified program'.
Maybe it works on my PC because I have a regular installation of Graphviz. I see that there are some subfolders with additional dll's. I will try it by adding the whole program folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.38 (113 MB) to the package. I wanted to keep the package as small as possible and add only the needed files that NetView.exe can call dot.exe.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

OK, I understand. Let me know if you will have problems with EVB..