Add When It runs , Remove When It exits

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Majid

Add When It runs , Remove When It exits

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma

Can Enigma protector do these ? (It is very important!)

1- Add a registry key to windows registry when protected exe will run & remove it when it will be closed .
2- Add a file to a target folder when protected exe will run & remove it when it will be closed .

So Can Enigma protector do these ? (It is very important!) If not please add these two abilities as soon as you can my friend .

Awaiting Your Respond ...

Kind regards
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Add When It runs , Remove When It exits

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid,

One of these functions is possible to make.
1. this feature will appear when we will make possibility to virtualize a registry.
2. this can be done with using of Virtual Box. Add a file to Virtual Box, double click it and the Properties dialog will appear. There, in action, you may enter "Always Write to Disk" and also, set in options "Delete files on Exit". So, when your application will be started, the file will be written to disk, and when you exit - the file will be deleted!
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma

No I don not mean this.

1- I mean my protected app write a registry into windows registry like when you run a .reg file & delete it on exit. Virtual registry is just a virtual registry I think & it can not to be write on windows registry. Am I wrong ?

2- Can virtualbox do it ? Write file to a directory that I want, I mean it should not create a virtual pass for my extracted file. I want to write it in a windows folder like "C:/programe files/blah blah" just like an installer then remove it on exit.

So now can you answer me again my friend ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid,

1. Yes, I meant so...
2. Yes, surely, you may do it. If you set an action property for a file in Virtual Box as "Never write to disk", then Enigma will virtulize this file, but if you choose any other action option, then Enigma will not virtualize the file, and just extracts it to the disk! So everything as you asking!

Only note that Program Files folder is write protected in Vista/Seven