Failed to package most applications

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
tony200910041

Failed to package most applications

Post by tony200910041 »

Hello everyone,
I am using Enigma Virtual and I found that most of the packages created couldn't work well. Most of them can't be started -- or in other words, the successful rate is rather low.
Is it normal or it is the problem of my computer? I am using Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Here is the list of failed package:
Facebook Messenger
PeaZip
Any Video Converter
Helium Audio Converter
XnConvert
and a lot more.

Especially when there are dll files, packaging usually fails.
Please help. Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Failed to package most applications

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

In the most cases, the reasons of why the application does not work - incorrect project configuration.

Send me any of the application you mentioned, all it's files, and I will show you how to build the packed application correctly.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I just tried XnConvert, it works well after packing, this is how my project is looking:
screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tony200910041

Post by tony200910041 »

Thanks for your reply.
But here is still a problem. Is that mean I must use the default folder to put my files instead of other folders, such as %ProgramFiles%?
I tried your method, and it is successful. Thanks. But when I try this, I got an error message:

Is there something wrong? Thanks for help.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Your configuration of ApplicationData folder is correct, but not for Program Files.

You specified ProgramFiles folder there because you think that the program installs to this folder, but it is not correct logic. You should enter in EVB all files relating to the folder of executable you are packing.

So if your main exe file is located in the c:\Program Files\My App\file.exe and dll that it is using in c:\Program Files\My App\file.dll, then you have to add Default Folder (which is folder of exe) and since exe and dll are located in the same folder, add dll inside Default Folder too.
tony200910041

Post by tony200910041 »

Thank you!
But here is still a small problem that I am not going to post a new topic: can I import a registry file to the virtual environment instead of typing them again?
For example, if I have a registry key:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-329068152-1957994488-725345543-1004\Software\AnvSoft
What is the fastest method to import the registry key? How to do that? Thanks.
tony200910041

Post by tony200910041 »

Hello,
Today I come up with another issue in another application: Free YouTube to MP3 Converter, which can be downloaded from here.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dv ... verter.htm
After I created the package, I run it, and an error occurs. It said it can't find tier0-pinv.dll
It is in the %ProgramFiles, Common% folder and I have put this file into the virtual system.
Is there any method to deal with this application?
tony200910041

Post by tony200910041 »

tony200910041 wrote:Hello,
Today I come up with another issue in another application: Free YouTube to MP3 Converter, which can be downloaded from here.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dv ... verter.htm
After I created the package, I run it, and an error occurs. It said it can't find tier0-pinv.dll
It is in the %ProgramFiles, Common% folder and I have put this file into the virtual system.
Is there any method to deal with this application?
Any ideas?
prasid

Post by prasid »

Code: Select all

tier0-pinv-1.dll present in c:\Program Files\Common Files\DVDVideoSoft\bin\
Check here: http://dvdvideosoft.com/forums/topic.php?id=6094

&

http://dvdvideosoft.com/forums/topic.php?id=6060&page=2