Packaging under Virtual Box

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
idsrini

Packaging under Virtual Box

Post by idsrini »

Hi,

I have tried creating a package with one .html file that I want to replace within the Virtual final .exe, that contains all other DLLs and files.

The .exe works fine without the Package.

Even with the Package, it picks up the original .html file and displays it, though in the package I've attached a different .html file. (Same name but different contents).

Is there any other setting I have to use ?

I'm testing this out in Version 4 of the Demo.

I've created a package x.dat, with file Test1.html in the "%DEFAULT FOLDER%".

The main .exe has all the additional files in the "%DEFAULT FOLDER%", including one called "Test1.html".

In the main project, I've added the package, as "x.dat" and also tried "%DEFAULT FOLDER%\x.dat".

I've copied the x.dat file to the folder from which the .exe is run.

I've also tried with the x.dat file having a date/time later than the main .exe

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Packaging under Virtual Box

Post by Enigma »

Hi, you are doing everything right. Probably, the only mistake you have - the protection order.
If few packages (including the exe file itself) contain same files inside, the application will take the file from a newest/younger package.

So in your case, if you would like the program takes the html file from a package you need to protect exe file first and then create a package for it.

Hope it makes sense.
idsrini

Post by idsrini »

Hi,

Thanks... It works now.

Essentially, after the main .exe is protected, you need to create the additional .dat package, in this case.

Also, the path was changed to %DEFAULT FOLDER%\x.dat, in the FileName/Mask in Packaging.

The datetime stamp on the .dat file is important. It should be later than the datetime stamp on the Protected & Boxed package.

Regards
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, exactly!