Anti-WriteProcessMemory hook plugin

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Enigma
Site Admin

Anti-WriteProcessMemory hook plugin

Post by Enigma »

This plugin allows to avoid injecting into your application of any tools that hook WriteProcessMemory Windows API. WriteProcessMemory API is using for writing any data to the "remote" process, remote mean any executed process that has enough privileges.

Why it is dangerous to work with hooked WriteProcessMemory? If any application hooks WriteProcessMemory function of your application, it may get access of the data that you are working with, for example, I noticed that there are such tools on the net that allows to get data that your application is writing to other properties.

Plugin installation:
- extract file writeprocessmemoryinject.dll from WriteProcessMemory_Inject_bin.zip archive into The Enigma Protector\Plugins folder,
- open Enigma,
- go to Miscellaneous-Pluigns panel,
- you should see new plugin in the list, enable it and protect your file.

Plugin is written for Enigma Protector 1.62, if you are using other version of Enigma - try workability of pluign firstly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evilbasem

Re: Anti-WriteProcessMemory hook plugin

Post by evilbasem »

ok i did everthing but im using version 2.13 when i open the protected exe it gets error the file has stop working
my operation system windows 7 32 bit
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Can you please post here the screen of this error? This plugin is very simple and should not cause any problems...
Grawol

Post by Grawol »

I read

Code: Select all

Enigma_Plugin_Description
Is this plugin is still relevant on current version of Enigma ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, nothing in plugins system had been changed in this version.
Grawol

Post by Grawol »

Hi,
Is it necessary to put vm macros for it ? I choose run in by function (not dll).

ps,
I notice the latest update 6.50 protection time is faster. Thank you.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Grawol wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:17 pm Is it necessary to put vm macros for it ? I choose run in by function (not dll).
If you just put macros in plugin file, compile it and will use - it does not make sense. Enigma does not protect plugin file before embedding it into final exe.

However, you could put macros, compile plugin dll, protect it separately, then use in Enigma for other files protection.
This way it will work.
helioalo

Post by helioalo »

Hi, I'm a newbie.
How to ignore some allowed processes?