Update Virtual Box file list

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
osoko

Update Virtual Box file list

Post by osoko »

Is it possible to update the virtual box catalog without having to restart the protected application ?

In fact, my virtual box files are downloaded by the apps itself, but when the download is done,
i have no other solution but to close and restart the application to take the downloaded virtual box protected files in count.

It seem's to be no specific command i could call from the enigma api to rescan the virtual box files.

Is it a way to do this ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Update Virtual Box file list

Post by Enigma »

Hi, there is no way to do that, but it is good idea for our todo list as a feature for future versions.
osoko

Post by osoko »

Oh thank's this will be so much appreciated :D

By the way, a command to allow user to specify a virtual files folder would be great too.
By default i specify :\AppsName\Datas Form C:\ to Z:\, to authorize user to use every possible disk location.

But this method forces the application to scan all possible disks, and this takes time if the disks are stopped.
Moreover it would be nice if the user could specify the directory or directories of his choice. This would makes the apps more user friendly.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

osoko wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:54 pm By the way, a command to allow user to specify a virtual files folder would be great too.
By default i specify :\AppsName\Datas Form C:\ to Z:\, to authorize user to use every possible disk location.

But this method forces the application to scan all possible disks, and this takes time if the disks are stopped.
Moreover it would be nice if the user could specify the directory or directories of his choice. This would makes the apps more user friendly.
Just curious, why do you need such feature? You can put virtual files in the %DEFAULT FOLDER% and access this folder from application. Why do you need to promote virtual files to different disks, from C: to Z:? What is the purpose of that, please explain.
osoko

Post by osoko »

It's because I'm developing a virtual tour software.
I have 360° panoramas in very high resolution. Some scenes are several GB in size.
That's why I have this "trick" for hard drives from C:\My_App\Datas to Z:\My_App\Datas, because of the size of the files.
I find it normal to allow the user to target a directory in the hard drive of his choice.
I think it would be simpler to be able to ask the user which directories he wants to use.
That would be more user friendly.
osoko

Post by osoko »

I see in the new version 7.2 a new option in the virtual box

Allow loading from any folder - embedded files can be sometimes called at an additional path that might not be specified upon the protection. If you enable this option, the Enigma loader will ignore the file's path.

I don't understand well the purpose or difference with %DEFAULT FOLDER%

Maybe this option permit to load an external package, build with package builder, at an arbitrary path ?
=> this could by the way force enigma to scan the folder and take into account some fresh downloaded pack ?

Does this option permit somehow to update the virtual box file list after the start of the protected app ?
osoko

Post by osoko »

Hello,

I've got the enigma Protectore 7.3 now, but can't see any "Allow loading from any folder" option in the virtual box Files menu, just delete on exit and compress options are there.

I'm also looking for ZwQueryDirectoryFile command in documentation but found nothing.

I've presumed a load from any folder option + a QueryDirectoryFile command would permit to dynamically update virtual box files while running the exe, ( not only at start ) and so take into account some fresh downloaded pack.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

The option "Allow loading from any folder" had been reprecated.

ZwQueryDirectoryFile is nothing about automatic updating of virtual files, that's a rather different thing.

Unfrotunately, there is still no solution for automatic update of virtual files.