Will Enigma obfuscate without markers?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
leverage

Will Enigma obfuscate without markers?

Post by leverage »

If I changed no settings, loaded the file into Enigma, and then pressed 'Protect', would my code be obfuscated?

I have trialled this with a Python exe, and I am still able to unpack the code to reveal the source code.

Do I need to use markers? Are they a necessary part of the Enigma protection process?

Thank you :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Will Enigma obfuscate without markers?

Post by Enigma »

Hi, the code of program is not being obfuscated without markers. It is impossible to obfuscate all the code of application, moreover such specific as phyton files.

Using markers is very recommended.

There is an article, how to do that for x64 in phyton: http://www.softwareprotection.info/2020 ... in-python/
leverage

Post by leverage »

Enigma wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:24 am Hi, the code of program is not being obfuscated without markers. It is impossible to obfuscate all the code of application, moreover such specific as phyton files.

Using markers is very recommended.

There is an article, how to do that for x64 in phyton: http://www.softwareprotection.info/2020 ... in-python/
Thank you for the response.

Does one need to use markers for a C# project also, or can that all be onfuscated through the exe alone?
leverage

Post by leverage »

Anyone know if you need markers for a C# project?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

C# and any .net program can't use markers.

Markers available for native applications only.

For C#, we usually recommend to move part of the code to native dll, which can be used from C# application and protect this native dll with markers and whole power of Enigma Protector.