SDK inVB6

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Hosam Zezo

SDK inVB6

Post by Hosam Zezo »

Hi everybody ,
I am a new user for enigma protector ,
I have some questions regarding using SDK in VB6

I have read a bit in the manual and played around with the protector features and now I know :

there is a protection layout concerning the EXE file which deals with locking it from being analysed or debugged and this is done by setting some parameters in enigma including ones that optionally add trial control and so on .Also knew that I can use some SDK to deal with protection parameters form my app .

and these are my questions :

How can I use this SDK ?
Should I include enigma dlls which came with examples so that I can call these functions ?
If yes , isn`t it a bad idea where the user can recognize that I am using enigma to protect my app and then he can know his enemy that he should attack ?

I ran the example of the HardwareID in VB6 , and no text showed up in the textbox for hardware ID .
If the exe is protected with enigma , It shows up a window (designed by enigma) telling the user that his hradware ID is .... and he should enter the registration Key . I need to use my custom window ? is that available ? and how to do son with SDK ?
I also need to collect some data from the protected exe like : who it is licensed for , his hardware ID , his registration key ,, etcc how can I do so ?

I need urgent help about that , Thanks in advance
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: SDK inVB6

Post by Enigma »

Hi Hosam,
Hosam Zezo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm How can I use this SDK ?
First of all, you need to add the module "\EnigmaSDK\VB\enigma_ide.bas" to your VB6 project. After that you can call Enigma API functions.
Hosam Zezo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm Should I include enigma dlls which came with examples so that I can call these functions ?
If yes , isn`t it a bad idea where the user can recognize that I am using enigma to protect my app and then he can know his enemy that he should attack ?
When you call any Enigma API functions, your application becomes dependent of enigma_ide.dll, so you need to put this dll into folder with the compiled .exe file in order to run it. HOWEVER, after protection this file is not needed, no need to distribute enigma_ide.dll with your application! enigma_ide.dll is used to allow your application to run when it is not protected, after protection it is not needed. And all Enigma API functions will fail (return no result) until the file is protected.
Hosam Zezo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm I ran the example of the HardwareID in VB6 , and no text showed up in the textbox for hardware ID .
You need to protect the file first, after that Enigma API will work well.
Hosam Zezo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm If the exe is protected with enigma , It shows up a window (designed by enigma) telling the user that his hradware ID is .... and he should enter the registration Key . I need to use my custom window ? is that available ? and how to do son with SDK ?
This is the option Registration Features - Registration Dialog option in Enigma. You could use this one, or design an own dialog. If you wish to use own dialog, then this option should be disabled in Enigma.
Hosam Zezo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm I also need to collect some data from the protected exe like : who it is licensed for , his hardware ID , his registration key ,, etcc how can I do so ?
Please use the example located at "\Registration\VB\" folder, it describes how to use registration functions of Enigma, how to collect and extract licensing information.