Anti-Crack Help Request

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
droopy

Anti-Crack Help Request

Post by droopy »

Hello,

I would like to receive administrator & users tips and tutorial for this problem.

I use Enigma on my software for protection, but i notice that keys are saved on the Registry for saving the activation keys.
I notice a cracker could distribute my software by doing a Registry copy of the original software and then creates a .reg with the original data to alter final users computer with the same data as original license.
So, any people could virtually alter his PC registry by simulating the original one and use the software.

How could i add more protection to prevent distributing the reg edit back-up of the original license?

In case of extra info , please PM me (youtube video of crack, etc.)

Awaiting your ideas urgently to fix my upcoming licenses.

Regards.
scorillo7

Re: Anti-Crack Help Request

Post by scorillo7 »

Dear Droopy,
use hardware lock for you're software,in this case every copy you sold it has his unique ID and that serial will be useless on other computer.
this can be found under Registration Features->Hardware Lock

Last edited by prasid on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added image!
droopy

Post by droopy »

@scorillo7

Yes, i do that, but seems it could be cracked by simulating registry information. A copy of the original regedit seems to do the trick. Any ideas?
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi Droopy

That's so easy!

1- Run Enigma Protector.

2- Choose your software for protecting and add any protection you want.

3- Then Go To "REGISTRATION FEATURES -----> Registration data storage".

4- Check "Encrypt Registration Information" and its sub item (Disable Copying...), Now no one can copy .reg file to other PC to activate your software! :D

5- Also you can use a File system for storing registration information, In "REGISTRATION FEATURES -----> Registration data storage" you can see such option.

6- Choose "Use both techniques" and then choose your registry and file system location for storing your registration information. If someone delete one of them your software will deactivate :)

7- And Also you know that I'm talking about Hardware-ID Lock ;)

Further More I have submitted a tutorial for it :shock: please go to link below and download the tutorial ;)
Link: http://www.enigmaprotector.com/forum/vi ... f=27&t=744
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Droopy, yes, I agree with scorillo7 and Majid, thanks guys!

1. Use hardware lock feature - enable more hardware lock items. For example, it could be "easy" for advanced cracker to change Hardware Lock by computer name, so if you use this - enable for example, hardware lock to HDD Serial and Windows Serial (and probably other options)
2. As Majid suggested use Encrypt Registration Information to hide key information in registry
3. Also useful advice. Crackers usually emulate hardware by using virtualization tools like VMware etc, then in your Enigma project disable execution of protected file under such tools, go to CHECK up- Virtualization Tools.
droopy

Post by droopy »

Thanks for all the ideas!!
Thanks Enigma, scorillo7 and Majid

I will add more security.
Also, i will put "Allow Changes" to 0 in hardware lock, so as to prevent one feature to be change.

According to my experience, i add 3 hardware protections enables:
System Volume Serial Number, Motherboard and hard disk serial numbers. I think they are impossible to manipulate in real scenerarios ALL TOGETHER (windows crash).

I will follow all your recommendations in order to prevent any virtualization or registry copy.

Thanks all!
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

droopy wrote:Thanks for all the ideas!!
Thanks Enigma, scorillo7 and Majid

I will add more security.
Also, i will put "Allow Changes" to 0 in hardware lock, so as to prevent one feature to be change.

According to my experience, i add 3 hardware protections enables:
System Volume Serial Number, Motherboard and hard disk serial numbers. I think they are impossible to manipulate in real scenerarios ALL TOGETHER (windows crash).

I will follow all your recommendations in order to prevent any virtualization or registry copy.

Thanks all!
Glad to help you Droopy,if you need more control of you're software solded copy i suggest to upgrade to ONLINE SOLUTIONS version of Enigma Protector.
Respect
droopy

Post by droopy »

Thanks scorrillo7.

@Mahij:
6- Choose "Use both techniques" and then choose your registry and file system location for storing your registration information. If someone delete one of them your software will deactivate
I use this option, but when registered, i remove manually the .dat file in BOTH TECHNIQUES, and the software keep opening in my PC (original key in registry). Maybe this could be fix to RUN ONLY when both .dat & registry have the same info.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi droopy, just few comments:

- System Volume Serial Number - could be changed after disk formatting, and it could be reversed by advanced cracker, fyi
- Motherboard - it does not return any value under NON admin user account
- HDD Serial - some virtualization tools like VMWare may block reading of HDD Serial, so that's why it is important to disable execution under virtualization tools.
droopy wrote:I use this option, but when registered, i remove manually the .dat file in BOTH TECHNIQUES, and the software keep opening in my PC (original key in registry). Maybe this could be fix to RUN ONLY when both .dat & registry have the same info.
Yeap, I disagree with you. Both techniques are made because on some Windows the registry or file could be locked on write, so, using both technique you allow more freedom for Enigma to store license information. If something will be going wrong when saving info to file, Enigma will save it to registry. So, reading license from both places is wrong way. But there is workaround that you may adopt for your needs. Plugins system has a callbacks for OnLoadKey and OnSaveKey, and using this you may load and save license information anywhere, in any format with your custom rules.