Multiple dll and exe

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
Eli1

Multiple dll and exe

Post by Eli1 »

Hi my app is multi process and has more then one main exe about 3 and multiple .dll about 12-15 that i need to run and protect how can i run the enigma protector so that all files will still work.
When i try to run any of the other exe or reference any of the dll the app crashes but the main exe is still ok the rest of them dont work anymore. I saw someone also had this question but no answer was posted any help here please?
Eli1

Re: Multiple dll and exe

Post by Eli1 »

ps. also i have already tried with additional files option(Advanced input) but it is also not working
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi, if you have a .net application then you can protect exe files only, .net dll files can't be protected.

From other side, you may include dll files that app uses into Virtual Box - Files feature, and these dll files will be hidden.

If you have native dll files, then you can protect each dll file individually.

Do use use Advanced Input feature for protection, it is not needed in your case.
Eli1

Post by Eli1 »

Enigma wrote:Hi, if you have a .net application then you can protect exe files only, .net dll files can't be protected.

From other side, you may include dll files that app uses into Virtual Box - Files feature, and these dll files will be hidden.

If you have native dll files, then you can protect each dll file individually.

Do use use Advanced Input feature for protection, it is not needed in your case.
how do i hide the dll files in virtual box?
and what about the multiple exe files i have 3 exe files that the main exe registers into the ui how can i protect them im getting this error when it tries to load it" The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest"
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Eli1 wrote:how do i hide the dll files in virtual box?
When dll is added to Virtual Box the protected application can work without them as they will be emulated in memory.

In your case, you need to protect all 3 exe files separately, with Virtual Box enabled for each exe. Does this way work for you?
Eli1

Post by Eli1 »

Enigma wrote:
Eli1 wrote:how do i hide the dll files in virtual box?
When dll is added to Virtual Box the protected application can work without them as they will be emulated in memory.

In your case, you need to protect all 3 exe files separately, with Virtual Box enabled for each exe. Does this way work for you?
embeding the .dll files workes great for the executable but when i run one executable from the main executable i still get

Code: Select all

Error loading type 'MyType' from assembly 'MyType'. Could not load file or assembly 'Executable, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
i load up multiple exe files and attach them to the main executable so they can send messages to each other. the main one has no problem sending and receiving when it is run through the enigma but when i run the child process that the main process spawns and attaches to the main process cant recognize it and spits out the error. Plugin to host/ host to plugin type of system.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Is that correct that you've added exe files to Virtual Box also? Try to protect each exe file separatele, include only dll files in Virtual Box, keep the exe files as is, do not include exe files to Virtual Box.

If this does not help, send us all files for tests at support@enigmaprotector.com