Running protected applications under Wine

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
Enigma
Site Admin

Running protected applications under Wine

Post by Enigma »

There had been found an incompatibility of the one of protection options with Wine core, protected applications can't run under Wine if the option Protection Features - Import Protection - Redirect WinAPI Functions.

Disable this feature if you plan to allow users to run your application under Wine.
pauly89

Re: Running protected applications under Wine

Post by pauly89 »

Hi

What if I do not want users to run an application under WINE ?
My applications are strictly for Windows 10 only and must not be use on Wine emulator for Linux.
What settings can I use ? appreciate your advice
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Paul,

We can make such functionality. Please send us message at support@enigmaprotector.com in order to test this new feature out.
Craig

Post by Craig »

pauly89 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:11 am What if I do not want users to run an application under WINE ?
My applications are strictly for Windows 10 only and must not be use on Wine emulator for Linux.
{W}ine {I}s {N}ot an {E}mulator!
https://www.winehq.org wrote: Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, macOS, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.