Messages during protection

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
francesca

Messages during protection

Post by francesca »

My programs are compiled with Borland Delphi 6.
Why doesn't detect The Enigma Protector the used compiler correctly?
I get the message: "Detect compiler: Unknown"

Why doesn't the entry point obfuscation work?
I get the message: "EP obfuscation has stopped... Can't process instruction DD 18 9B 8B 0D"

Thanks for reply!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Messages during protection

Post by Enigma »

Hi francesca, these messages do not affect on protection, this is just notifaction mesages.
Why doesn't detect The Enigma Protector the used compiler correctly?
I get the message: "Detect compiler: Unknown"
Enigma tries to recognize compiler only for one option "PROTECTION FEATURES - Advanved Import Protection", if the compiler is known and satisfies to some criteria then Enigma applies faster way for this protection, otherwise Enigma choses slower way. Finally, the protection is the same for slow and fast way.
I get the message: "EP obfuscation has stopped... Can't process instruction DD 18 9B 8B 0D"
This is not an error but the same notification message. This tells that Entry Point obfuscation had been stopped because there is appeared some unknown instruction. Do not worry, Enigma protected all known instruction, just appeared some unknown. When I made this feature I thought that this message will help me to improve protection, for now this message is useless, and this feature will be remade very soon.
francesca

Re: Messages during protection

Post by francesca »

Enigma wrote:Do not worry, Enigma protected all known instruction, just appeared some unknown.
That put my mind at rest...
Thank you for fast reply and your fine work!