Engima Protector with SmartAssembly

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
Austin1

Engima Protector with SmartAssembly

Post by Austin1 »

Hi Support,
We are using SmartAssembly in our application, what we have noticed is that when we are compressing and encrypting our app using SmartAssembly it is not getting processed by EngimaProtector and EnigmaProtector complains that already compressed file.

Now what we did is that we have disabled the option of Compress & Encryption in Smart Assembly and processed our application using Smart Assembly and after that EnigmaProtector successfuly processed our application.

Simple question is it possible by any chance to keep Compress & Encryption in Smart Assembly option enabled and also get it processed by EngimaProtector.

please suggest.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Engima Protector with SmartAssembly

Post by Enigma »

Hi Austin1,

I think that Enigma Protector is unable to process this file due to entropy check. So it "feels" that the file is already compressed/protected.

To suppress this check, enable the option Miscellaneous - Other - Do not check if the file is compressed.

Let me know if this helps.
prasid

Post by prasid »

Austin1

Post by Austin1 »

Thanks a lot for the support, but what I have noticed is that after enabling this option the file size get increased which I don't like.

I think I should leave this option disabled and and do not compress application using SmartAssembly and get it processed by Engima.

Thanks
prasid

Post by prasid »

Try to enable "Suppress Graphical Mode" but remember
Supress graphical module - this option eliminates graphical module from a loader which is being injected to protected file. Advantages of using this option - decreasing resulted protected file. It allows to reduce the site of the file up to 400 Kbytes in 32bit version about 1 MBytes in 64 bit version. If this option enabled, no graphical messages/dialogs will be shown like Registration Dialog, Startup Password, Splash Screen and all messages. To handle those messages/dialogs, special callbacks from Plugins can be used.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I should note that in your case you are using compression provided by Enigma Protector for already compressed code. This, of course, will cause enlarging of the data (compressed data can't be more compressed).

So it would be better to use compression of one of the protection system.