Windows 7

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
iaanus

Windows 7

Post by iaanus »

Hi,

a user of mine reported problems with an exe protected with Enigma under Windows 7. Launching the exe, the user gets an "Enigma protector error" with a request to contact errors@enigmaprotector.com. The same exe works fine for several hundreds of users with WinXP and Vista. I am going to investigate further, but unfortunately I don't a copy of Windows 7 available right now. In the meantime: are there any known incompatibilities between Enigma and Windows 7?

Thanks in advance,
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7

Post by Enigma »

Hi iaanus,

Yes, I tested Enigma on Windows 7. Firstly, want to let you know that there are 2 versions of Windows 7 that are differs in some common for Enigma principals: Windows 7 beta and Windows 7 RC1. Initially I tested Enigma on Windows 7 beta - no any problem, everything woked very well. But on Windows 7 RC 1 I noticed the exception (like you wrote). After researched I've found that exception is occuring due to Import Redirection feature, if you disable this feature everything should work well. But this problem was solved in Enigma 1.65, so, this version is working perfectly on any Windows 7.

But I can give you one advice, while there is no official release of Window 7, nobody can promise anything.
iaanus

Re: Windows 7

Post by iaanus »

Enigma wrote:But I can give you one advice, while there is no official release of Window 7, nobody can promise anything.
Of course I agree with that. Having one (1) user with an unreleased OS experiencing a problem while hundreds have no problems at all is not going to make me lose my sleep and definitely it's not undermining my trust in Enigma.

Anyway, that executable was protected with Enigma 1.64 and I did use import redirection. So you have fully answered my question! I will immediately re-release the binary with version 1.65 and make even that one user happy :)

Thanks a lot!