How to prevent MemHack Software like Cheat Engine

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
boboi1986

How to prevent MemHack Software like Cheat Engine

Post by boboi1986 »

Hello to Developers,

Now days so many memory hack programe, if i block it using Executed Processes function, there still can download other memory hack programe to hack my application. is there any good solution how to fix it permenently ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: How to prevent MemHack Software like Cheat Engine

Post by Enigma »

Hi boboi1986,

I recommend you to take a look at another protection option to avoid this, not Executed Processes.

For example, you should know, what exactly cheaters change in the process memory? Do you know the addresses of the memory that is being changed?

If you know, then you may apply Virtual Machine protection to the parts of the code that is being modified by memory editing software. After virtualization this will be quite difficult to change something.
boboi1986

Post by boboi1986 »

There have any plugin to prevent this issue ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Virtual Machine and code virtualization is a customizable feature, it is a specific for each file. It can't be auto configured through the plugin or so.
boboi1986

Post by boboi1986 »

I heard about Anti MemHack Plugin, that plugin can prevent this issue ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This can avoid using of MemHack software only, but not other memory editing softwares.

If you would like to get it, email the request to support team at support@enigmaprotector.com
boboi1986

Post by boboi1986 »

That plugin can avoid software memory editing like Cheat engine right ? other memory editing mean ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

It works with MemHack software only, not others.
boboi1986

Post by boboi1986 »

Enigma wrote:Hi boboi1986,

I recommend you to take a look at another protection option to avoid this, not Executed Processes.

For example, you should know, what exactly cheaters change in the process memory? Do you know the addresses of the memory that is being changed?

If you know, then you may apply Virtual Machine protection to the parts of the code that is being modified by memory editing software. After virtualization this will be quite difficult to change something.
Sir, i have addresses of the memory that is being changed, but i dont know how to apply Virtual Machine protection to the parts of the code. Do you have any tutorial?
xenoglyph

Post by xenoglyph »

Sorry, Enigma, this is sort of a double post. I see you recommending VM for this issue, but VM shouldn't work if it's a piece of data (not code) that can be reliably located, correct?

to boboi1986: can you give an example of what's being modified? Is it code? Is it data? If it's data, what's the length of the data and how is it used? Is it a constant, or something generated/loaded at runtime?