Enigma Protector temp files

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
filipefreitasm

Enigma Protector temp files

Post by filipefreitasm »

hello guys!!! :D
I've been using Enigma Protector for a short time now and I'm very satisfied with everything it offers. It's really great for all of us game developers. I'm using the "virtual box" function of Enigma Protector to hide some important game files inside the .exe and recently I noticed that my running game generates thousands of temporary files in the %temp% directory .
I ran some tests to try to find out the cause of this problem and I noticed that the temporary files are generated only with the exe protected with the virtual box function my normal exe does not generate temporary files.
can someone help me to solve this problem? maybe I'm configuring something wrong and I'll be very grateful if anyone can give me any suggestions or help because it's really generating thousands of temporary files for example in 2 days playing I'm having an average of 2GB of temporary files and they aren't being deleted automatically. thanks in advance
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Enigma Protector temp files

Post by Enigma »

Hi, temp files is the normal functionality of Virtual Box, they are required to provide statbility of Virtual Box functionality.
These files are almost empty, do not contain any secure information (any information at all really).
Old temp files are being removed at application start (not all of them at once, but part by part).

Also, please note, that there are some differences. "evb" files are being created by protected application.
"eni" files are being created by Enigma Protector itself, while protection process.
Check what files do you really have.
filipefreitasm

Post by filipefreitasm »

Im getting thousands of files like "1e6852e.tmp" I opened this files with notepad+ and I could notice that these are the files I hid inside my application .exe I thought enigma's virtual box worked differently i didn't know it unloaded all hidden files in the %temp% directory. The game only loaded loading screen from 0 to 100% until login scene and I have 500+ temp files and my real files that are important and I hid are in the middle of these temporary files.
and also no temp files are being removed at any time neither at the start of a new application nor when the application is closed. I am having complaint from many players that they need to manually delete these files daily.

see below:

https://ibb.co/JCjxyT1
https://ibb.co/qkcHjv7
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

These files come not from Enigma Protector and not from protection core of protected file.

Enigma creates (if creates at all) files that start from "eni" or "evb" prefix and files are almost empty (contain just some binary data), they all have the same size of 1 kbyte. Also, such files could not be much and Enigma removes them automatically.

What about these files - unfortunately, I have no ideas where they come from...
filipefreitasm

Post by filipefreitasm »

sorry sir but of course is from Enigma these files are only generated by my protected exe with "virtual box" function from Enigma Protector or even when I use the Enigma Virtual Box software if i run my application unprotected without riddle no temp file is generated. I need help please!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

OK, send us non packed files (and all files that are required to reproduce problem) at support@enigmaprotector.com we will check where this problem comes from.
filipefreitasm

Post by filipefreitasm »

all right sir Enigma!
I just sent the email the title is: Enigma Temp Files. Thanks so much!!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Let's move this discussion in private, by email!
filipefreitasm

Post by filipefreitasm »

all right sir!
filipefreitasm

Post by filipefreitasm »

I want to apologize for saying that Enigma was generating thousands of temporary files I just found out that the problem has nothing to do with Enigma but with other software I used previously I already removed the changes the other software made to my .exe and recreated the protection with just Enigma and the problem is solved!

Enigma doens't make any junk files o temp folder of Windows. Thanks so much for your time and your help sir Enigma. You can close this topic. Thanks!!!
Last edited by filipefreitasm on Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.