Wrong Hyper-V detection

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
sharky1001

Wrong Hyper-V detection

Post by sharky1001 »

Hello,

Using the latest version of Enigma Protector 7.10 (build 20220627), single type licensed.

I don't want the application to runder under any kind of virtualization system (vmware, vmbox, hyper-v etc..)
So all of the options are checked: https://prnt.sc/n2dVqBmHmVCi

However this error pops up: 'This program can not be runder Hyper-V!" when application is started.
The issue here is that the application is not starting under Hyper-V, the pc just has Hyper-V installed on it, and a running VM. But the application is not running under VM.

I have also other virtualization systems installed like vmware and those do not have this problem.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Hyper-V detection

Post by Enigma »

Hi, the option that you are talking about is checking if the HyperV function is currently enabled. In most of the cases this means that application is under VM, but not always. Using this option you can avoid using most of VMs, but sometimes it could give false positive detection.
If you find it is not suitable for you, just disable it.
sharky1001

Post by sharky1001 »

Am I understanding this wrong? Just because the Hyper-V feature is enabled in Windows, it will be flagged as "under vm"?
I can reproduce this easily, a Hyper-V virtual machine is running in the computer. But I am running the application outside of it and still getting the error "cannot run under hyper-v". Is this normal?
sharky1001

Post by sharky1001 »

Could this be checked please? One of the most important reasons i am using enigma is to block all kind of VM usage. However I cannot enable Hyper-V detection because there are alot of false positives, it is detected as Hyper-V just because it is enabled in Windows settings. It should only be detected if the application is running under VM, am I wrong? :|

Also, there are several Anti-VM bypassers spreading around, the one I could find and tested was on VMWare and it can bypass enigma's VM protection. Could this function be improved?
GameShield

Post by GameShield »

You can implement virtual machine detection yourself
https://github.com/LordNoteworthy/al-kh ... ser/AntiVM
sharky1001

Post by sharky1001 »

I've already been using al-khaser and all of these methods are bypassed btw.