Cannot create final .boxed exe file

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
ittiandro

Cannot create final .boxed exe file

Post by ittiandro »

HI

I am on Windows 10 Home. I am trying to create a portable app. When I do the final RUN, at the very end there is a message :

Error while processing. Cannot create file. " File name.exe. boxed"
Of course, I disabled the BD ANtivirus Shield and I checked that the files/folders are not write-protected. Some of them showed " Read Only " and I unchecked the box in the Properties Tab.
I tried 3 times, with different APPs, to no avail.

The reason why I want to create Portable Apps is to save space on the HDD by eventually removing all the Program files and having a portable APPS External drive to launch the programs.
I assume that once all the portable apps are stored in the in the External drive and removed from the computer, they will not show back on the the PC once we exit the portable app on the external drive.

Thanks for your help

Ittiandro
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Cannot create final .boxed exe file

Post by Enigma »

Hi Ittiandro, as a possible solution, please try to do the same on another computer? Or under virtual machine like VMWare? Will that solve the problem? If yes, there is something with your computer.

Also, you can check if the file you are trying to write is not running. If the file is running, it is write protected. Simply remove the output file before you start packing process.

Unfortunately, nothing more I can help there.