boxedapp

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
usertwo

boxedapp

Post by usertwo »

it is possible block
https://www.boxedapp.com/
usage?

this looks dangerous can repack exe and insert viruses, even block hwid from enigma protector, maybe.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: boxedapp

Post by Enigma »

Hi, in Enigma Protector use the option Checkup - Control Sum - Check file integrity.
This prevents the file from being packed by another kind of packer.
usertwo

Post by usertwo »

it;s dll called from inside resources of main app

I tried not matter app start with all anti debug checks enabled because it';s dll.

may I ask dear developers.

do you read hardware id needed data from windows registry?

because I fear some might have unlock hwid by using boxedapp for main app.
pauly89

Post by pauly89 »

Hello Usertwo

We use our own inhouse routines to check the hardware id, if the check found the wrong ID then the system will GPF
in 2 days or 2 weeks time, we don't GPF immediately so that crackers think that their cracking works and give them a false
sense of assurance. We never use hardware id from the registry as this can be easily spoof.

We normally place 100's of checks all over our modules, such that it became a MINE field for the crackers. They may solve
one or two traps, but if there are a 100 of these in each module then if your program have 20 modules, they have
to resolve 2,000 checks, an impossibly figure for these crackers to resolve!

Sometimes, these checks are AI linked up if one check failed in one module, our program take note of it and later on in
24 hrs it will give notice to other modules to check again and then GPF if confirmed that this wasn't the hardware it
was initially installed on.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Paul, I confirm that it is a very good solution/way for protection that you use. Good scheme!
pauly89

Post by pauly89 »

Thank you Enigma, you have a very good software protection scheme but your customers need to be able to participate more
so that crackers won't stand a chance. :D