Enigma protection(.net exe) versus Megadumper

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
jazzmtu4

Enigma protection(.net exe) versus Megadumper

Post by jazzmtu4 »

Hi ...I have been wishing to buy enigma protector to use it on some of my .net exes..However i noted that it is very possible to dump protected exe and obtain the original exe(unprotected exe).I Would like to know the work-around in solving this issue:
1.If there is some code i can add to my .net exe to prevent dumping.
2.if enigma protector is able to prevent dumping.
Kindly help me understand how to solve the issue. Thank you.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Enigma protection(.net exe) versus Megadumper

Post by Enigma »

Hi, protection of .net files is more complex process than protection of native files.
If for native files you could just click Protect button, this is not enough for .net files.

For .net protection more features of protection should be used. The main advice is a better integration of main program and protection. If you will follow all my advices below, then I'm sure you succeed with a good protection.
1. For .net applications it is always recommended to use Virtual Box feature. Hide .dll dependences in it, or all other files.
2. Use different Enigma API functions. When you make a call to Enigma API, program refers to protection, if protected does not exist (file is cracked/unpacked) you will get an exception or unsuccessful result. For example, you may call functions like EP_CheckupIsEnigmaOk/EP_CheckupIsProtected and check if a result is true. If you are licensing or trial features, then use Enigma API to check license/trial status.
3. Use Protection Features - Protected Strings. Carry all strings from the code to protection, and extract necessary when it is needed. In this case, imagine if protection will be removed, no strings will be returned, and program will not work.
4. Use some unique protection techniques. For example, add a string in Miscellaneous - Environment Variable and check if it exists. If does not exist, then protection removed, then you should terminate application. Use delayed termination, i.e. not after check, but after few seconds.
5. MOST POWERFUL! Move some code to external dll with unmanaged code, and call this dll from .net application. You may protect dll with Enigma too with using of VM and RegCrypt markers, which provide good protection level.