Trouble running .exes in Virtualbox'ed application

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
DarkFellow

Trouble running .exes in Virtualbox'ed application

Post by DarkFellow »

Hello,

Before I go into the description of the issue, there are two programs: program A, which will get the VirtualBox wrapper and program B, a program that extracts two more programs, one 32-bit and 64-bit.

I am having some problems getting some .exes to run properly with the Virtualbox wrapper over my main application. Basically, the .exe file that I am packing together with the main application is one that extracts two launchable .exes, one that is 32-bit and 64-bit capable. However, if I choose the option for the %DEFAULT FOLDER% "Make new folder and files virtual", program B fails to run because it has to first extract both applications, then try to find the 32-bit version of it to run first.

Each time I try this, the program throws an error, stating that the file could not be found.

Does virtualbox only run programs from memory that do not extract more files? For example, a standalone .exe file that doesn't need to extract more files to run? Is it possible to have .exes that do extract some files to disk, be able to extract to memory and run from memory?

EDIT: If this capability isn't currently available in Virtualbox, is there a way it can be added to Enigma Protector?