Mixed Assemblies? .NET and Native?

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Renegade

Re: Mixed Assemblies? .NET and Native?

Post by Renegade »

Enigma wrote:No no, wait until tomorrow. Today we will try to test your files under few VMs to and let you know.

Most strange is that you included only dll files, that should be working very well.

Also, since you are testing under Windows x64. The system may run your .net file in a both way, as a x86 or x64 executable. If your .net file is compiled with Visual Studio with "Any CPU" the system may run it as a x64 executable, but EVB processed it as a x86. If you use "Any CPU", try to set it to x86 or x64 and then pack with EVB and compare results.
Sorry -- I should have said this before. I compile for x86 only, not Any CPU or x64. (x86 is the safest right now, and there's really no good reason for me to compile for x64 or Any CPU. In fact, with a lot of C and C++ DLLs, I must compile for x86.)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Renegade wrote:Sorry -- I should have said this before. I compile for x86 only, not Any CPU or x64. (x86 is the safest right now, and there's really no good reason for me to compile for x64 or Any CPU. In fact, with a lot of C and C++ DLLs, I must compile for x86.)
Yes, you are right, there is no way to run under x64 and use x86 dlls.

We have found few problems with EVB packing your files, please try updated EVB 2.10. We have tested it on Windows 7 x64 - your files are working very well. We also solved the bug that did not allow to embed .config file, now this file could be added, but since you are using it for trial counter - do not embed it!
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

I'm still not having any luck. :(

Here's some of the error information (removed version and prog name):

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: prog_boxed.exe
Problem Signature 02: REDACTED
Problem Signature 03: 483cb598
Problem Signature 04: REDACTED
Problem Signature 05: REDACTED
Problem Signature 06: 483cb598
Problem Signature 07: 12a
Problem Signature 08: b
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I only added the DLLs, and unchecked the registry option.

I got the same result for 2 machines (main dev. box and a VM).
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yeap, frustrating...

If you still have patience, please try this version:
http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... _debug.exe

it is a debug version, it will create debug.log file in the same folder with boxed file after you run it. Pack your files with this version, then run packed file, wait until error is reproduced and then send me this debug.log. It will show where the program crashed..

Thanks!
Majid

Post by Majid »

Enigma wrote:it is a debug version, it will create debug.log file in the same folder with boxed file after you run it.
It would be great if you can add such option for normal version, for example if user check "Create Log File for Boxed App" then boxed app will create a log file when user runs it, if it is not check then nothing.

What do you think Enigma?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Majid wrote:It would be great if you can add such option for normal version, for example if user check "Create Log File for Boxed App" then boxed app will create a log file when user runs it, if it is not check then nothing.What do you think Enigma?
Log is for developers only Majid, it is not secure, but usual users should not use it... But probably you are right...

The disadvantages of your idea are following:
1. size of EVB itself will be increased up to 1 Mbyte
2. Debug log sometimes cause application crash because it is not thread safe. Thread safe debug log will take too much time to run packed application. Execution speed will slow down up to 1000 times.

I'm sure that good application should not have debug log, it should just work well in all the cases :)
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Enigma wrote:Yeap, frustrating...

If you still have patience, please try this version:
http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... _debug.exe

it is a debug version, it will create debug.log file in the same folder with boxed file after you run it. Pack your files with this version, then run packed file, wait until error is reproduced and then send me this debug.log. It will show where the program crashed..

Thanks!
Thank you for sticking with me on this! :)

I've emailed you with the debug.log file.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I just noticed you are using another version of Bass.Net.dll that you sent me.

My Bass.Net.dll size is 475136 bytes, the size of Bass.Net.dll that you are trying to box is 942080. Why there is so huge difference?