Support in Windows 7 64

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
decko

Support in Windows 7 64

Post by decko »

Hi

I'm having a problem with an executable packed with Enigma. It works great in Windows XP 32-bit, but in Windows 7 64-bit I get an error saying it can't load mingwm10.dll (a library I included in the packer). The files are set to "Never write to disk". If they are unpacked to the disk, it works.

Is it possible for you to make a quick test and see if you can solve the problem?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Support in Windows 7 64

Post by Enigma »

Hi decko, sure, send us your non packed files on vbox@enigmaprotector.com and we will check this out as soon as possible!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi decko, download latest Enigma Virtual Box 1.60, it should be working well with your files.
decko

Post by decko »

Thanks for looking at this. I tried to download the new version, but I am still getting the error that it is unable to load the library.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I'm 99% sure you have a mistake somewhere...

Firstly, make sure you are really using 1.60 version, just open Enigma Virtual Box and take a look at About dialog.

I just packed your file, with 4 embeded dlls:
- libgccc...dll
- ming...dll
- qtcore...dll
- qtgui...dll

and tested this on Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP x86 - file runs smoothly!
decko

Post by decko »

I verified that it's the latest version, and it still shows the same error. I tried to run the program on a friends pc that was also running Windows 7 64-bit and there it worked fine just like you say.

So it's probably my machine that is acting weird. I will try to find the cause and write the solution if I find it ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I just released 1.70, there was fixed one bug that probably was a core of your problem! Re-download EVB and try again!

Do you have any firewall/antivirus on your PC? Maybe the problem appeared due to of "protection" of antiviruses?
decko

Post by decko »

It didn't seem to fix it either. I suspect it is my Comodo Firewall that interferes :(
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi decko,

I sent you a link in PM, your files packed with the debug version of EVB. If you run it, it will create debug log while execution - will appear file debug.log file in the same folder with the packed exe.

Please reproduce the error and send me this debug.log file, it will help us to find problem!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This problem should be solved in 2.20!