Incorrect import of path values from *.reg files

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Psycho-A

Incorrect import of path values from *.reg files

Post by Psycho-A »

When we're importing the registry from *.reg files, the paths with backslashes (e.g. C:\Program Files\My Program) are written as they are in .reg file, with double backslash (C:\\Program Files\\My Program). But this is not correct, as escaping some chars with backslash is just .reg file format feature for storing data, but not for registry itself. As a result, the program sees these \-escaped versions of values and throws errors in many cases.

Please fix this issue :)

p.s. Also noticed that if binary value data is too long in source reg fie, it cuts on 8th byte. This may corrupt program data and user couldn't know about it not being checked each value manually.

p.p.s. I'm really looking forward to writing registry changes to the local storage feature :) Hope it will come soon...
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect import of path values from *.reg files

Post by Enigma »

Hi, issues with improting of .reg files are all fixed in this release, free to use it:
https://enigmaprotector.com/assets/file ... 221219.exe

Values with the paths are now well escaped.
Binary data is also now well imported (old issue, now fixed).
Psycho-A wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:50 pm p.p.s. I'm really looking forward to writing registry changes to the local storage feature Hope it will come soon...
Thanks, we are working on this now!
Psycho-A

Re: Incorrect import of path values from *.reg files

Post by Psycho-A »

Thank you so much! Glad to see that the support is alive)