Is it possible to run a virtual executable created at runtime?

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
jessielesbian

Is it possible to run a virtual executable created at runtime?

Post by jessielesbian »

Hi, I'm working on an OpenSource DRM software, and I'm looking for a way to execute an EXE file directly from memory without writing it to disk. I believe that this can be achieved by dumping the EXE to a folder set to "new files and folders become virtual" and run it from there. Is this possible? I believe that "new files and folders become virtual" is seriously broken when I tried to use it to create a pirated Minecraft version that have a buit-in ramdisk capability (I did write a script to automatically load the contents of a 7Z archive into the ramdisk during startup and dump it back to the 7Z archive when I close the game), the virtual files seems to be deleted after their file handle got closed (I mean, the script that is responsible for dumping the content of the ramdisk to disk can't even find the virtual files, although it share the same virtual machine with Minecraft (in fact, it is invoked by Minecraft, and I enabled share virtual system to child processes)).
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to run a virtual executable created at runtime?

Post by Enigma »

It is better if you add a zero size exe file into Virtual Box, then inside your application extract content into it and then execute.

This should work.

But please note, the main file and the file you run has to be same architecture, both 32 or 64 bits.