Virtual Box Steam issue

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
ep1

Virtual Box Steam issue

Post by ep1 »

Hello,

I searched the forums for any mention of Steam and did not find any so not sure if anyone can assist.

I have an application that I've used enigma virtual box to 'hide' all the assets of the project. The .exe works fine from windows desktop. It works fine when uploaded to Steam and installed from Steam. However when I apply Steams basic DRM at base level or least restrictive and upload to Steam and then reinstall from Steam the program fails to start with no error messages at all. Clicking on play appears to be running the program but nothing displays. It's clear that the Steam DRM is causing the problem but hoping there is a solution else I'll have to find some other way to protect the project assets.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

P
Ilya

Re: Virtual Box Steam issue

Post by Ilya »

Hello,
ep1 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:15 am Hello,

I searched the forums for any mention of Steam and did not find any so not sure if anyone can assist.
I have an application that I've used enigma virtual box to 'hide' all the assets of the project......I'll have to find some other way to protect the project assets.
You need to learn how to search info in the Internet.
You can't "hide" or "protect" files with enigma virtual box. This is not a protector. This is packaging application only. You can easily extract all files from it.
If you need to really protect your application you should use another solution. You need to develop application using target security solution's API's.
There is NO ONE CLICK SOLUTION.
You can use The Enigma Protector. Please read documentation and integrate your project with Enigma.