Support for BAT/CMD launch scripts

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Psycho-A

Support for BAT/CMD launch scripts

Post by Psycho-A »

Some programs require pre-launch via command-line scripts (.bat or .cmd). I tried to specify them as a startup file, but EVB doesn't want to build the project, since it only needs the .exe file.

I tried to substitute an exe stub that would run the .cmd script by its own means. The project is compiled - however, the cmd file itself still doesn't run, saying that the script hasn't been found. The problem can be solved only if we rigidly prescribe the launch of the .cmd file via "cmd /c script.cmd" in an exe file like the SFX archive type.

Accordingly, I conclude that EVB doesn't know how to share a virtual file system with processes that run through Shell Execute, not directly.

Can this be fixed in the future? Is it possible to add native support for launching BAT/CMD (also, the ability to hide the console window would be perfect!), or correct processing of Shell Execute?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Support for BAT/CMD launch scripts

Post by Enigma »

Hi, we have already implemented this ability in recent version (not released yet).

We will send it to you by email, so you can check it out, together with option for temporary file names.
huangqi329

Re: Support for BAT/CMD launch scripts

Post by huangqi329 »

I have the same question, Can I have a test version too?? Thanks a lot