Anti-speeder plugin

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Tony

Anti-speeder plugin

Post by Tony »

Could it be possible to develop a plugin that would teminate an application if the speed of that running application was modified?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Anti-speeder plugin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Tony,

But what do you mean in the speed? Can you give me any example how to change it?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Let's say, using an application such as cheat engine. And use the speed hack.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Tony, if I know how these cheat application work, then I probably could help.

What is the process? Can you describe?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Ok, there is a cheat application called cheat engine, let's say a cheater uses it and open process my game engine which is client.exe. He selects the option in the cheat engine called Speed hack. Thus he can increase the speed of my game engine which is a big advantage. He enables him to move fast, run fast in game compared to normal client users. This is a screenshot of me opening ollydbg.exe and applying the speedhack, thus it will increase the speed of the application. It's a big cheat for online games with are not server sided.
speed hack.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, I understand. That's I wanted to hear.

Listen, really, when cheater open the game process, he patches it, i.e. modify process memory. We can find it if the process memory had been modified and just close an application. Such solution should help, right?

But, as I remember, you already have a plugin for Enigma that's check processes memory and closes application if it had been modified. Do you use this plugin?

Also, just interesting, imagine user get an unprotected client exe and run it, will it work?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Enigma wrote:Yes, I understand. That's I wanted to hear.

Listen, really, when cheater open the game process, he patches it, i.e. modify process memory. We can find it if the process memory had been modified and just close an application. Such solution should help, right?

But, as I remember, you already have a plugin for Enigma that's check processes memory and closes application if it had been modified. Do you use this plugin?

Also, just interesting, imagine user get an unprotected client exe and run it, will it work?
Yes, i used this plugin. But i was just curious of did it really stops speed hack as well.

And yes, the speed hack will work if they use an unprotected client.exe because the game is mostly client sided.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, this plugin should work. Because when user run this speed hack program, it really patches some bytes in process memory. Plugin is monitoring any change and close application if something is modified. So you should use this plugin.

Another thing, maybe folks just do not use your protected client.exe and use unprotected one, which does not have any protection and they can modify anything inside this process? How do you know that users are really using protected one?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Tony, please back to this discussion, I have get a speed acceleration software, tested, and can write a plugin to avoid it.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Hello enigma, I see you are back.

Can you send me the plugin via email sir?

And i wanted to ask about running the protected apps under xp compatibility mode, it seems there is another bug related to that.