Markers Unprotected

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
yunia

Markers Unprotected

Post by yunia »

I am using VB6, sorry for my bad english. I want to ask about the application of "Markers Unprotected", I know if the exe file not protected by enigma than code on the marker "Markers Unprotected" will be executed, but since I can't unpack my own protected files.. I want to ask this.. if the exe file that protected by enigma get unpacked by cracker, is code on the markers will also be executed?

is there any markers or another way with enigma that allow me to execute code just when my exe files got unpacked? thanks for help.

Regards
Yunia
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Markers Unprotected

Post by Enigma »

Hi Yunia,

Unprotected markers are used to mark the parts of code that will be eliminated after protection.
This does not mean that if the file got unpacked, these parts of code will be run.

To avoid unpacking, you may use the Enigma ApI functions, for eg this one: http://enigmaprotector.com/en/help/manu ... 2b3bbaa510
And use VM Markers, they are compatible with VB6 and allows good protection level.
yunia

Post by yunia »

Enigma wrote:Hi Yunia,

Unprotected markers are used to mark the parts of code that will be eliminated after protection.
This does not mean that if the file got unpacked, these parts of code will be run.

To avoid unpacking, you may use the Enigma ApI functions, for eg this one: http://enigmaprotector.com/en/help/manu ... 2b3bbaa510
And use VM Markers, they are compatible with VB6 and allows good protection level.
thanks for your reply, I made a sample code below.. if the file got unpacked, will then the message box "unpacked" appear?

Code: Select all

If EP_CheckupIsProtected Then
MsgBox "protected"
Else
MsgBox "unpacked"
End If
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, correct. It will show the message even if something inside the protection will be modified.

Anyway, I recommend you to use VM markers and code virtualization to avoid unpacking and so.
yunia

Post by yunia »

I absolutely will use VM Markers, there is another question.. will EP_ProtectedStringByID or EP_ProtectedStringByKey got fail if the exe file get unpacked?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, all API will fail if the file got unpacked.
yunia

Post by yunia »

ok thanks for explaination.. I started like Enigma, may be next month I'll buy (still process making credit card).. actually I both compile 64bit and 32bit, if I buy Enigma will I get both version? or I have to pay twice for 32 bit and 64bit?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I'm not sure you need both versions. x64 version of Enigma Protector serves for protection of 64 bit executable files only. x64 version does not mean that it runs on Windows x64, or the files protected with it will run on Windows x64.

VB6 produces only 32 bit exe files, so you need x86 version only.
yunia

Post by yunia »

Besides VB6, we will also protect Visual C++ and Delphi files :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Ah, that's make sense.

If so, then yes, x64 version also would be needed for 64 bit files, and yes, it is requiring additional license.