Option of offline and online activation

Posts related to Online Services feature of Enigma Protector
SylvainSSiri

Option of offline and online activation

Post by SylvainSSiri »

Hi,I was wondering if you can input either activation mode.
Online or offline,since I do not know if all the people who will run the program have internet.
And I was also wondering,like I emailed you,sorry for all those emails by the way,
is there a way to make sure that the program communicates to the server each time it runs
to make sure the key is valid?For example the key is banned,the program won't run anymore,or if there is no
internet connection.
If you have all these settings,you would make a new customer happy,
and if you don't have them,hope to see them when I will buy it!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Option of offline and online activation

Post by Enigma »

Hi SylvainSSiri,
SylvainSSiri wrote:Online or offline,since I do not know if all the people who will run the program have internet.
Yes, this is possible to do.
Enigma Protector Online Solutions allows to edit Online Activation dialog anf Registration Dialog.

Firstly go to Online Solutions - Online Activation Dialog, click Design button to edit the dialog. Add there a button control, set it's text to "Offline Activation" and set button's action = acContinue.

Next, go to Registration Features - Registration Dialog and just enable it.

So, how will it work. When user runs the application, the online activation dialog will be shown. There user can enter activation id and activates through the internet. If there is no internet, user will click Offline Activation button, program will continue to run, and then Registration Dialog will appear. This dialog will show user computer's Hardware ID (unique identifier of user's computer), and asks to enter registration name and key. To register, user has to send you Hardware ID (using email, for eg), based on this hardware id, you will generate a registration key for this user (using Enigma Protector) and send this name + key back to user.

By the way, in some next update of control panel we will add ability of offline activation to the server. But currently, for offline activation you have to use Enigma Protector.
SylvainSSiri wrote:is there a way to make sure that the program communicates to the server each time it runsto make sure the key is valid?
Just curious how do you want to combine offline activation and online checking for a license every time the program runs?
We are only planning to make this separate ability in Enigma Protector. I'm sure this won't take too much time to implement.
SylvainSSiri

Post by SylvainSSiri »

I get the error Access violation at address 0048BFC3 in module Enigma32g.exe
Read of address 00000380.Strangely,it does work on my project for now.
I have found out that it is caContinue and not acContinue ;)

I have tried loging in the client panel that it created,but it says to me that the login is not valid,what should I do?
Should I try to create another one?
SylvainSSiri

Post by SylvainSSiri »

Just curious how do you want to combine offline activation and online checking for a license every time the program runs?
We are only planning to make this separate ability in Enigma Protector. I'm sure this won't take too much time to implement.
I might ask some weird questions especially from a single user.
I like putting more than I need on every project that I undertake.I mainly meant for online activation
the call back home.I might want to put that same feature for offline mode if internet connection is detected.
Not necessary option but it might always be interesting even for other clients of yours!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Unfortunately, I disagree to implement the feature when offline activation will be available only if there is no internet connection.
There are so many tools that allows to block the connection, so there is no any real need to hide the ability of offline activation.

Later, we will add more flexible for developer ability to control activation itself, using Enigma API.
SylvainSSiri

Post by SylvainSSiri »

I thank you for your honesty and I didnt think of it that way.
Thanks!If I want to suscribe to the online version like Im trying,can I just pay through the panel?Because
I saw a paypal option.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes sure, you can use payment options specified in the control panel.

Once you make a payment, contact to support and tell the order information.

Moreover, currently, your account is placed on the test server, it has to be moved on live server after payment.
newuser

Post by newuser »

SylvainSSiri wrote:is there a way to make sure that the program communicates to the server each time it runs
to make sure the key is valid?For example the key is banned,the program won't run anymore,or if there is no
internet connection.
This feature interest me very much, have it been implement into Enigma Protector Online Solutions yet?

Enigma wrote: For using of this version of protection you have to have online activation control panel, which we do not sell.
We host all activations on our licensing server. So buying a subscription for activation server you get Enigma Protector Online Solution for free and use it until you subscribed to activation server.

The cheaper plan for online activation costs 19$ per month. It includes up to 1000 orders/activations per month.
Does the above activation key checking each time the protected program is run counted as activations and eat into 1000 activations per month? Does the price of S19 for 1000 key activation per month still stand?

I didnt see any pricing for Enigma Protector - Online Solutions product please provide the link for it. Thank you.

PS: if you ask whether I have tested the http://test.enigmaprotector.com/index.php/login/logout link yet, the answer is not yet.

I'll only try it after the feature I wanted is available.
SylvainSSiri

Post by SylvainSSiri »

The 1000 activation count only gets decremented when you activate the program.
This feature is in the test account,it works,I tried.It is already in it.
newuser

Post by newuser »

One question here, an example, a program check online each its run, if key valid, program continue running. From discussion above, its possible, but what about a subscription program(monthly), just like enigma online, each program run, check key valid(that means the client paid the subscription, program run for this month), if client didnt paid subscription for next month, that means when program is run the next month, check key online, key is invalid cause blacklisted, promp license expired, then client paid the subscription, then run program, check key online, key is valid cause whitelisted, program continue running. It's like a monthly subscription based application, is it possible using enigma online?