Enigma Protector Online Solutions - Introduction

Posts related to Online Services feature of Enigma Protector
Enigma
Site Admin

Enigma Protector Online Solutions - Introduction

Post by Enigma »

Enigma Protector Online Solutions allows to perform Online Activation using Software Billing Panel.
Let me explain what is Online Activation itself. Online activation is just simple way to register application. You do not need to enter registration name/key as by usual registration, protected application will connect to the server and generate registration keys automatically. So activation process is same as registration process, just using internet connection.

Enigma Protector Online Solutions can be downloaded there:
http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... n_demo.exe

This version is same as a usual version of Enigma Protector but it also contains a set of Online Solution functions.

Before protecting, online solution properties should be configured. Go to Online Solutions - Common pane, and click Configuration Wizard.

On the first step enter there link to the control panel, for example: http://test.enigmaprotector.com/index.php (do not forget to add index.php at the end of url) and login/password for administrator, it is admin/admin

Then go through other steps.

Then enable Online Activation Dialog.

To test the system, go to Software Billing Panel and generate New Order for you (see description there http://forum.enigmaprotector.com/viewto ... f=30&t=854) after order is created you will get an activation id. Paste this activation id in the online activation dialog of protected file and click Activate. If everything is well, software should be well activated.
scorillo7

Re: Enigma Protector Online Solutions - Introduction

Post by scorillo7 »

Great job as usual.
prasid

Post by prasid »

Thanks to Dada & scorillo7!

:idea:
droopy

Post by droopy »

@Enigma

If the encryption routine is in Engima server, you could have access to all customers applications security.
Thats means, ANY software protected by Enigmaprotector is subjet to be exposed to Enigma author.
Moreover, if any hacker enter server, he has the key to all applications.

I think it is a bad update. I recommend this solution:

Multiple verification.

Customer has to enter manual a serial on software. The software connects to a server and validates encrypted that number against server. Server reply encrypted RSA respond and software RUNs.
So, we have software protection, internet crypted and server validation and reply.
To bypass this method, you must be a hero.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi droopy, thanks for the comment but you misunderstand the logic at all.

Firstly, there is no need in encryption between connection from protected program to server. What is online activation - it is same as registration, but end customer should not enter registration name + registration key (as you do now with Enigma Protector itself), but just need to enter simple and short Activation Id. Then protected application will connect to server and server will generate registration name/key for this user.

Second, no problem, you may use SSL for connection to server, it does same RSA encryption. No need to overload connection with some custom RSA encryption.

Third, it is not correct that if the server will be hacked, all customers will be hacked too. We plan to release particular virtual server for each customer who will use online activation. So if hackers will even hack the server, it will relate to only one customer, but not all of them.

Fourth, server side online activation script will be also sold as a particular product, so you will be able to install it on the own server, with any own security rules.
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

droopy wrote:@Enigma
If the encryption routine is in Engima server, you could have access to all customers applications security.
Thats means, ANY software protected by Enigmaprotector is subjet to be exposed to Enigma author.
Sorry for intrusion.Last time i checked the activation server for software is in developer garden.If so is normal if i have acces on my customer data and not Enigma Team because there is no acces on my hosting account.
Is there any change,will release the Enigma Team a hosting service for activation servers?
prasid

Post by prasid »

Is there any change,will release the Enigma Team a hosting service for activation servers?
Probably yes. . .
richyb

Post by richyb »

Its been a very long time since this was mentioned, any ideas as to when it will be finshed and also when the next update will be released for enigma
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi richyb,

It is already released in private. Some customers already use it successfully for about a year.

Currently, I can't give you a timeline when it will be released. There are still much work to make it as a standalone project.
richyb

Post by richyb »

Ah ok so you have a working copy that is not the demo version?

Can i get a copy of it once i purchase this? as it would solve my problems