ATI Tray Tools and inline patching

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
iaanus

ATI Tray Tools and inline patching

Post by iaanus »

Hi,

an application of mine that is protected with Enigma 3.50 is having trouble on systems that have the installed the ATI Tray Tools (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733). The problem seems to be related with the "Inline Patching Protection". If the protection is off or if the ATI Tray Tools are not running on the machine, the application works. However if I turn the protection on and run the ATI Tray Tools, my application silently kills itself a short time after launch. From the debug log I realized that the ATI Tray Tools are installing some sort of hook in my application. Although I cannot exclude it for certain, I would presume the ATI Tray Tools are not doing anything malicious, but it seems that their behaviour is being considered as hostile by Enigma.

As a significant number of my users are using the ATI Tray Tools, I have resolved to switch the inline patching protection off, but I would like to know if I have other options, without lowering the level of protection.

Thanks in advance,
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: ATI Tray Tools and inline patching

Post by Enigma »

Hi iaanus, please sorry for later reply...

We have tested this tool, but was not able to reproduce the problem.

Can you please confirm, this feature fails independent on a file you protect? I.e. any file you protect with Inline Patching fails if ATI tool is installed, right?

If I send you debug file, to test this problem, will you be able to test it and send me the log back? This will help to understand where is a problem exactly.
iaanus

Re: ATI Tray Tools and inline patching

Post by iaanus »

Actually, I didn't test other executables, but I am avaialable to do more research. I have no problem in launching any test code that might help you understanding the problem. Feel free to contact me personally, if you need.