Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0

Post here questions regarding registration of Enigma Protector
ngidalov

Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0

Post by ngidalov »

Dear Sirs,

I'm taking over a software product which uses Enigma 2.0 (build 20100607) for protecting the software is issuing license keys based on a HardwareID.
I would like to purchase Enigma Protector 3.0 and continue to use the project files (*.enigma files).
My questions are:
1. Will the license keys issued in the past using Enigma 2.0 still work with the new versions of the software protected with Enigma Protector 3.0?
2. Are there any improvement in 3.0 which will prevent most of the virus scanners to report the software protected with Enigma Protector as infected software. At this moment some virus scanners detect the software as threat and move it a a quarantine.

Regards,
Nikola
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0

Post by Enigma »

Hi Nikola,

You can use 3.0 without problems, there was no any changes that relating to licensing from 2.0 to 3.0.
Major version number had been changed only because adding of completely new Virtual Box feature.

But, if you are using Hardware Lock feature in 2.0, after migrating to 3.0 some hardware id may change and application will require new registration keys. It is depending of a what Hardware Lock options you are using in existing projects (some methods that compute user's Hardware ID had been improved since 2.0).

Regarding false detection.
Firstly take a look at this post, it will help you to fix false detections: http://www.softwareprotection.info/2011 ... -to-solve/
Each protected exe contains unique signature of your license, most antivirus companies know it and do not detect nothing in the files protected with the legal version of Enigma Protector. But false detections sometimes appear anyway. But usually, if you submit false detected sample to AV labs one or two times, false detection does not appear anymore.
Another way to reduce the amount of false detections - using code signing by the certificates like VeriSig or Comodo.

And finally. This is the most interesting news. US IEEE university is now developing an solution for software protection vendors that should eliminate almost all false detections, read more there http://standards.ieee.org/news/2011/icsg_software.html This solution will be completed within next 2 months, and all customers of Enigma Protector with the active subscription will receive a new version of Enigma Protector 4.0 with this technology enabled.
ngidalov

Post by ngidalov »

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your answer.
The current *.enigma files are using System Volume Serial number (Allow changes 2) and Hard Disk Serial Number (Allow changes 2).
Do I have to issue new license keys for the existing customers?

Regards,
Nikola
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

ngidalov wrote:The current *.enigma files are using System Volume Serial number (Allow changes 2) and Hard Disk Serial Number (Allow changes 2).Do I have to issue new license keys for the existing customers?
No, I think you won't have problems!

Just one note also.
If you are using Registration Features - Registration Dialog, then check how it will look, because there was critical changes.