Debugging of loaded DLLs

x64 version issues
brgmnn

Debugging of loaded DLLs

Post by brgmnn »

Hello,

we are currently developing Qt-based 64bit DLLs for our Software.

As soon as we apply Enigma Protection to our Software (not the dll), all debugging features while developing the dll do not seem to be working anymore.

Is it necessary to use specific options while protecting the software?
Are there some MACROS to be used, to enable debuggable calls from the protected software?

Regards
J.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Debugging of loaded DLLs

Post by Enigma »

Hi J,

This is the correct behavior, since after protection offsets to the code are changing and debug information got corrupted.

To fix this problem, you could try some alternative options:
1. Try disable the option Miscellanoues - Other - Delete Debug Directory (which is enabled by default
2. Try enable the option Miscellanous - Other - Do not compress and encrypt code (just for testing).

Do any of these options fix the problem?
brgmnn

Post by brgmnn »

Hello,

we tried both options alone and in combination.
Sadly, it did not help at all. The combination leads to an unstartable EXE Version (as you might already know considering the Output Log).

Does Enigma need corresponding debug files while compressing (i.e. *.ilk/*.pdb)?
Is it known, that Qt Creator does not work with Enigma protected files?
We did not try out debugging with a visual studio project yet, if that might be the problem.

Are there any other options to ensure debug-features for dll developers?
brgmnn

Post by brgmnn »

Hello again,

I looked through the Enigma API but could not find anything regarding my last post, i. e. Macros to enable Entry-Points.
Do you have any other idea how we could eliminate the problem?

Regards
J
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi J,

Unfortunately, I do not think this is possible at all. Protector changes the dll so, that cracker can't revert it back to original state. If it would be possible to do, cracker could do that too, agree?

Sorry, but I really do not understand, why do you need to enter debugger in protected dll? Developers can use protected dll for own application and debug it, but do not enter to dll. So protection allows that.
I can't catch where is a problem for you...

Btw, in your case you can't use the option Checkup - Antidebugger, otherwise protection will kill the whole debugging process.