Protected virtual box files stolen.

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Tony

Protected virtual box files stolen.

Post by Tony »

Im using the enigmaprotector 6.10,

I have protected a number of files in the virtualbox option.
after compiling my program and releasing it to the public. Some user has managed to extract my protected files and they are now reselling it.

below is my virtual files settings. Am I doing anything wrong?
virtualleak.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
syntax101

Re: Protected virtual box files stolen.

Post by syntax101 »

This problems need attention to the team and possible update would be great for more secure files.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Protected virtual box files stolen.

Post by Enigma »

Hi guys,

Using Virtual Box feature it is quite required to understand that if program sees these files, then the cracker can see that too.
Completely hide files, without development, is impossible.

However, what can be done:
1. If you are a developer, you have sources of application and can modify them, then you could switch to the Protection Features - Protected Strings functionality. Load files into this feature and then extract them using Enigma API.
2. If the first way is too complex, try to change the path of virtual files where you put them. For example, you load some file from %DEFAULT FOLDER%, i.e. the folder of the main exe, this is the simplest way for cracker to find and extract files. But if you put virtual files in some Windows\System folder and tell app to load files from there, it will be rather difficult for cracker to find them.
3. Finally, if you are not a developer and do not have sources, we have made an option to Hide files from file open/save dialogs. There are some limitations, but it may works for some of your files. The feature implemented in files dialog is using by crackers to find and extract files. So if you can hide some of files, then it adds some strength to protection. Read more: http://forum.enigmaprotector.com/viewto ... =7&t=13538