Bitdefender Issues

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
jussij

Bitdefender Issues

Post by jussij »

I searched the forum for Bitdefender issues and noticed there have been several earlier reports of issues.

However I'm posting this message because the I think Bitdefender have taken these problems to a new level :(

Just recently I started getting reports of my software crashing on start up and after some investigation I narrowed this down to the Bitdefender software.

While Bitdefender does not report the software as a virus, whenever the software is run it starts and then crashes.

I then narrowed this down further, in that the software only crashes if it has be Enigma Protected (i.e. the unprotected software starts fine).

I then realised that Bitdefender was also stopping The Enigma Protected software from also starting, even though once again it does not think it is a virus.

I also tried the latest version of The Enigma Protected and it has the same issue :(

Now I realise there is not a lot that you can do about this since it is a Bitdefender issue.

However I thought I would write this message just to let you know these Bitdefender issue are now much worse :(

Cheers Jussi

PS: I ran these tests with the Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 trial version.
Ilya

Re: Bitdefender Issues

Post by Ilya »

Hello!
This is really bitdefender issue. I don't know how Vladimir can fix this because third-party software changes default control-flow of protected binary. You should write about this bug to the AV developers!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This is an issue that had been raised by BitDefener.

There was no chance to push BD to fix this problem so we adoped Enigma to fix it.

You could either:
- use the recent version of Enigma
- disable Import Protection - Import Redirection feature
jussij

Post by jussij »

Firstly, to Enigma. Thanks for your reply to this issue.

I can report that both of the options you provided fixed this issue :)

Secondly in response to TroyDun, FWIW I can describe my experience when I contacted BT about this issue.

At first I had trouble actually raising a ticket with BT but once that was done they did respond quickly.

BT support did then provided many suggestions on how to resolve the issue, but unfortunately none of these suggestions actually worked.

Cheers Jussi
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Jussi, yes, thank you for confirmation, we know what exactly cause this issue, looks like it is a long term strategy for BT that they are not willing to change somehow.

Anyway, there are no issues with the recent versions anymore.