Limitation by days count issue

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
mcone

Limitation by days count issue

Post by mcone »

I can use your limitation by days count trial control in the sample program - but when I go to use the exact same feature in a larger program that I created, the EP_TrialDays(Total, Left) function returns false.

There are other functions that return false when they should turn true also - but only in the larger program I wrote.

Is there any way to test for a fix or overcome this issue?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Limitation by days count issue

Post by Enigma »

Hi, this function returns zero also in case if the application is already registered with license key.

Use the function EP_RegLoadAndCheck key to check if the application is already registered.

And also, to reset the registration, open your project in Enigma Protector, go to main menu - Tools - Debug and click on Reset all local info.
mcone

Post by mcone »

Thank you. I will try that.

Also
And also, to reset the registration, open your project in Enigma Protector, go to main menu - Tools - Debug and click on Reset all local info.
I understand the English in this suggestion - but I would like to know exactly what resetting the registration does please (before I take this action).
mcone

Post by mcone »

Hi, this function returns zero also in case if the application is already registered with license key.
Ok - I have confirmed that, if there is no registration for the program, then I can get the number days remaining for the Trial Control.

However, after the registration with a day limit is in place, then how do I check for the remaining days using the API? For example, I want to warn my user that the days are approaching zero.

Currently, it appears that I cannot get to information after registration is complete.
Last edited by mcone on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcone

Post by mcone »

I tried this, and nothing appeared to change in the Enigma project.
mcone

Post by mcone »

I delete the registration file and this is what my program reports (it appears to be correct):

I register and this what my program reports:

Should not it say "2" days remaining?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

mcone wrote:Should not it say "2" days remaining?
No, the trial counter stops to work when application is registered.