Can't register COM component succesfully

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
tmplinshi

Can't register COM component succesfully

Post by tmplinshi »

Hi,

I have checked "Register as ActiveX (COM) component", and "Enable Registry Virtualization", but running the packed exe, the COM component was not registered.

I've uploaded a testing file in the ATTACHMENTS. If the HtmlToImage.dll is registered, then running HtmlToImage.exe will generate a file "output.png".

Tested on Enigma Virtual Box 7.70 Build 20160914, Windows 10 Professinal 64-bit v1703 15063.413

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Can't register COM component succesfully

Post by Enigma »

Hi, we just updated Enigma Virtual Box to version 7.80, your problem is fixed there.

Thank you for reporting us this issue!
tmplinshi

Post by tmplinshi »

Great, thank you! Tested and working fine.

BTW, I noticed it is a little slower to start up the packed exe, when register COM component using Virtual Registry. But don't worry the 0.4 seconds delay is acceptable.

I have another question:

I am trying to use CreateActCtx method to register COM component, but adding the manifest file to "Virtual Box Files" did not succeed. The CreateActCtx function returns INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE. I guess this is because the CreateActCtx function didn't find the dll file defined in the manifest file.

I have uploaed a ATTACHMENTS for you to test. The HtmlToImage.exe is unboxed, but adding HtmlToImage.dll and 1.manifest to "Virtual Box Files" did not work. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, there could be an issue with CreateActCtx, I agree. There are techniques in EVB that should handle this case, but we will check it out.

Just curious, why do you need CreateActCtx, if EVB can register the component itself?
tmplinshi

Post by tmplinshi »

Well, if I planning to create a command line tool, I want it executes as fast as possilbe, but as I descriped in my previous post, the Virtual Registry causes 0.4 more seconds to startup the program.

Another reason is maybe sometimes I have to write to the real registry.