Showing trial days left

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
AD1408

Showing trial days left

Post by AD1408 »

Hi,

Checking up EnigmaProtector32 trial to see if it's usable for my needs.

On protected app run we have registration dialog. I'd like to see trial days count too on it but I couldn't get it displayed beside hardware ID, name and key?

I also prefer to have registration dialog fields on app about window rather than app start. Perhaps it's possible but keep in mind I'm not a accomplished coder. I use My Visual Database (platform based on delphi pascal) for developing some apps.

There isn't clear and comprehensive tutorial I could find. I checked Majid's youtube tutorial, it's good but not enough imho.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Showing trial days left

Post by Enigma »

Hi, yes, this is possible to do what you require.

Since you do not need a standard registration dialog, I recommend you to disable it in Registration Features - Registration Dialog.

Then, all other features that you require should be implemeneted via Enigma API. We have a special SDK (a set of functions) that allows to communicate the program with protection.
NOTE: Enigma API functions will work only after protection! When file is not protected, Enigma API functions will fail.
Back to your question, since you are using Delphi related compiler, I would advise you to try to SDK for Delphi, it is located in the file "The Enigma Protector\EnigmaSDK\Delphi\enigma_ide.pas".
So to retrive the number of left trial days you need to call the function EP_TrialDaysLeft http://enigmaprotector.com/en/help/manu ... f76ac0993a
Then, to register the application, put the controls on your form where it necessary and register the app using API EP_RegCheckAndSaveKeyA or EP_RegCheckAndSaveKeyW (depending on a Unicode option from Registration Features - Common panel).
Please check the enigma_ide.pas file for more functions and examples at Examples folder.
AD1408

Post by AD1408 »

Thanks a lot for the speedyreply.......

I hope you can help for me start with example as I'm not capable applying the API to MVD app as you've mentioned.

Attached zip file contains sample MVD app with about form and required trial/registration fields, plus MVD trial platform application developed with (if needed).

Now, could you apply EnigmaProtection32 to MVD sample app included in the attachment - using about form. If can see a sample that works that would decider for me to buy EnigmaProtection32. Additionally, if it works then I'll post it on MVD forums which may get you few more additional customers from MVD users.

I hope I'm not asking too much. Your help on this would be appreciated very much.

ps/Attachment didn't load.. So I uploaded to external file host. Attachment link is:
https://we.tl/EXV3qpbS4h
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I just checked and did not find information that this IDE supports calling functions from external dll files (which is required).

It also does not work as Delphi/Pascal works, it has the similar syntax, but the functionality is different.

If you ask developers of this IDE, to provide you information how to call functions from external dll files, then I may help you.

Unfortunately, without this information it would be impossible to do what you require.
AD1408

Post by AD1408 »

Enigma wrote:If you ask developers of this IDE, to provide you information how to call functions from external dll files, then I may help you.

Unfortunately, without this information it would be impossible to do what you require.
I have asked, unfortunately respond was no.
Thank you for your answers.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Thank you for the information, unfortuntely, nothing we can do.

However, you still can use embedded features of Enigma Protector, like Registration Dialog and so on.

Btw, you can show a number of days in the Trial Control - Reminder window (which is shown at application start when it is not registered), there are the variables that you can use: http://enigmaprotector.com/en/help/manu ... 54b8b433e9