Registration Dialog email populated with %RegName%

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
writer

Registration Dialog email populated with %RegName%

Post by writer »

On the registration dialog I can set up a "Get Key" link and include the %HardwareID%. But I cannot include the %RegName% variable because it is not yet saved on the unregistered user's computer.

If the unregistered user enters a name in the Registration Information "Name" box in the Registration Dialog, is there any way for that entered name to populate the email?

mailto:registration@xyz.com?subject=Registration&body=Registration Name=%RegName% %0AHardware ID=%HardwareID%

So far, the email does not contain the %RegName%. It leaves this email field blank (Registration Name=). (If possible I would prefer that the unregistered user does not need to fill the name in the email (easier for them if it is already there, taken from the Registration Information "Name" box), but, if this is not possible, then they will need to enter it manually before sending the email to register.

Thank you for your help.
Best Wishes,
writer
Ilya

Re: Registration Dialog email populated with %RegName%

Post by Ilya »

Write you own reg. dialog as you want
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Reg name could not be added to this url, because reg name is being entered by a user, so it is a variable, however, hardware id is a constant.

In short no, it is impossible.

But you can use user's email address as a reg name, that's I think the most simple way? Once you get such email, you will have user's email address and hardware id, just use it to generate a key.
writer

Post by writer »

Hi,

Yes, using the email address is a very good idea. :)

Thank you.

Best Wishes,

writer