Building a package using wine

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
eionrobb

Building a package using wine

Post by eionrobb »

Hi there,

I know it's probably not a very common use case, but we've been using EVB (and loving it!) on Windows for a Windows app, however we've now moved our building to OSX for various reasons and the only app in the toolchain that's not working via wine is EVB. Has anyone else successfully used EVB with wine? Any tricks or tips to getting it to work?

Cheers,
Eion
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Building a package using wine

Post by Enigma »

Hi Eion,

If you would like to participate and help us to fix this problem, can you please contact to support@enigmaprotector.com and send us non packed sample. We will pack it with the debug version and send you back to test it under Wine. After you test, you will send us debug files that will explain what is wrong there.
eionrobb

Post by eionrobb »

It's not the application that is built that will not work with wine, but EVB:

$ wine enigmavbconsole.exe Cube.evb
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 2592 bytes in thread 0009 eip 7bc319dc esp 00230910 stack 0x230000-0x231000-0x330000
$

Not a very helpful error, unfortunately :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Not sure, maybe this one may help? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2277485?tstart=0

I'm curious of the type of error - Could not create tray window - console version does not create any window, thread, internet connection etc. No ideas why such problem appears there..
AndrewMast

Post by AndrewMast »

Has this been resolved? My error:

Code: Select all

wine: Unhandled illegal instruction at address 0x7bc53bf0 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c000001d flags 0 addr 0x7bc53bf0