.net runtime detection

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
tobis

.net runtime detection

Post by tobis »

Is there any possiblity to check for certain .net runtimes installed ( 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.0 client profile ) ?
This should of course be done before the protected executable is launched.
If the defined .net runtime is not present a customized message should be displayed ...

This would be much better than the default error message when the .net runtime is not present on the system.

Yesterday I looked for it in Enigma Protector but I did not found such settings.
So if this is not implemented at present can you please consider it for one of the next version(s) ?

Thanks a lot !!!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: .net runtime detection

Post by Enigma »

Hi tobis,

Nice idea, I hope it will be soon implemented via a special function or a plugin.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Does this mean I am able to implement this be myself in protector ?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Sure, if you would like you can make such feature yourself.

You need to develop a plugin (see plugin sdk in "The Enigma Protector\EnigmaPluginsSDK\" folder). In the plugin, use Enigma_Plugin_OnInit function to write own code there, so in this function you may check the version of .NET. Then copy plugin dll into Plugins folder, enable it in the Enigma Protector and protect the file (how to use plugins, see there: http://forum.enigmaprotector.com/viewto ... f=26&t=655).

The plugin will run before the main program and independently of what version of .NET your application is using, so you may terminate the execution (by just calling ExitProcess) if there is no necessary .net version installed.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Thank you ! I will try it because I would need it very soon ...
But I think this is a feature which should make in the Enigma Protector without the need of using plugins ... :D
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

tobis wrote:But I think this is a feature which should make in the Enigma Protector without the need of using plugins ..
I agree, but due to huge workload we can't force to make it. We are preparing a new update that will contain absolutely new Virtual Machine inside, and this is the highest priority for the work direction for now.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Will this feature implemented in the upcoming new version v4 ?
tobis

Post by tobis »

Are there any news about if/when this feature will be implemented ?
I think it would be better to get this implemented by the vendor instead of creating a plugin ...