VM markers in x64 app (C++), can't use inline asm?

x64 version issues
Rogier

VM markers in x64 app (C++), can't use inline asm?

Post by Rogier »

I just downloaded the Enigma Protector x64 demo version and reading up in the manual. (Or actually the manual from the x86 version, there is no separate manual for the x64 yet, right?)

One question about using VM markers in C++: this is being done with some inline asm, however as far as I know, Visual Studio 9 doesn't support inline asm on x64 architecture? And even if it does, I assume the asm bytes need to be something different?

So I guess my question is: how do I include the VM markers in a C++ x64 application? :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: VM markers in x64 app (C++), can't use inline asm?

Post by Enigma »

Hi Roger,

Yes, you are right, there is the same manual for x86 and x64 versions.

Regarding markers - also agree, Visual Studio does not support inline asm in the code for x64 and this is frustrating.

With the current Enigma Protector x64 you are not able to use markers. We will add another technique for markers for x64.

Please review this post within next 4-5 days, we will make such support!
Rogier

Post by Rogier »

OK, sounds good. I will keep checking during the coming days, thanks for the fast help!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Roger,

Just to let you know - Markers now can be used in C++ x64 applications. We have developed the interface for this.

If you are interesting, contact me at support@enigmaprotector.com, I will send you new version!